Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Miss Independent

(if you have seen awesome photos on this blog as of lately, it can only mean one thing - Gina was here!)

Doesn't the toothless smile say it all?  She's growing up so fast!  When she leaves me in the morning for school, she doesn't even turn her head back... I just hear a murmured "Bye Mom!" as she runs off with her back pack.

I have been fortunate enough to help out in her class every now and then and also eat lunch with her.  She looked at me once, pulled out some of her packed lunch and said, "REALLY Mom?  Grapes and Raisins in my lunch?"  It won't be long until she's rolling her eyes.  But, yeah, really, I packed grapes and raisins.  What can I say - we needed to go grocery shopping!

She got her first progress report last week!  She got mostly E's and a couple S's in PE and Social Studies.  What the heck is an E and an S?  There was no code, so I'll just think it means Extraordinary and Stellar.

The girl can read.  I am in awe.  I can't get over the pace that she is learning.  It's incredible.  She gets plenty of homework already, but she loves doing it, so that is ok.  And her brain must be working so hard because she is so TIRED and we have moved the bedtime to 7pm.  

Every morning around 3 am she comes into our room and wants to crawl in bed with us.  I don't know what I should do, but I let her hop in.  I can't help but LOVE the little snuggling I get, because come morning, I know she is back to being Miss Independent.

One thing that melts my heart time and time again is how amazingly sweet and caring she is for her little sister.  Finley is so blessed to have a sister like her.  She gets down to Finleys level and plays. reads her books, and when we turn on a movie, you can bet they will be cuddling.  (This sibling thing- it is the best idea!  I really makes parenting extra special!)



1 comment:

gina marie said...

It's been a long time since I have stopped by. I love your blog and I love your sweet independent girl! Miss you all!