Oh well. Top ten, then we'll call this thing back up to speed and I'll be back to blogging.
10. Daddy's got a new job. We all knew that right? Well, can I just say, this new job, while equipped with it's own new challenges and responsibilities has been a huge blessing on our family. Yes, Macie left this note on her Dad's pillow one night... but, I will assure you, we are getting MORE time as a family, and while we miss Carrabba's food, we don't necessarily miss the schedule and stress.
Eric's new restaurants are cool. But, there is only 1 high chair for all 4 restaurants. They are not all that kid-friendly. But, our kids will be rule breakers. We did brunch not too long ago at one of the pubs called Tavern. It's a gastropub, and Macie thoroughly enjoyed her Red Velvet waffle (with a cream cheese drizzle) and I enjoyed my bloody mary with a little White Trash Hash. Mmmmm... the food is good. And it is an experience too!
Eric does bring work home... because he kind of has more of an office job now. But, we are ok with that.
Because even so, the girls enjoy afternoons at the park more often than they have experienced in the past.
And SOMETIMES - he takes me on dates! There's my perk. This night we went to Kayne Prime and one booth over sat Kimberly Williams from Father of the Bride. You know I am a sucker for celebrity sightings!
Speaking of Eric's new job... he also has a few side projects on-air. That pay. That leads me to #9.
9. Eric is modeling and acting. Not on purpose - literally, he has stumbled into photo shoots and scenes. Can anyone guess why I don't really like this photo? Maybe it's his stand-in date? If it weren't all pretend, I might just jump on the table and grab that girl by the hair. (I kid! Too much? Maybe)
On another note, have you heard of the new show Nashville? I've really enjoyed it so far! A nice amount of drama and they really showcase our city beautifully. If you can, try to watch the 6th episode. And see if a bouncer in a night club looks familiar? The show filmed a scene at one of Eric's other restaurants - they turned it into a SouthBeach night club, and then as they were looking for extra's so they cast Eric to be the bouncer. Cool! And he got paid a whopping $8/hour! And speaking of part-time jobs, that leads me to #8.
8. Mom has a part-time job! Yeah! It's a short-term contract, but it is a nice little gig for me. I work for my uncle's healthcare company and I merge accounts on my own schedule. That means naptime and after bed. In my pjs. I am incredibly thankful that I can contribute again.. in my little way - financially, because even I know, I contribute - I am a mom. Which leads me to the good mom that I am. Let's make that #7.
7. See? I am a really good mom! I teach my daughter to pick up litter, and also to recycle. Unfortunately, this pic doesn't tell that story all that well. Yesterday on our afternoon walk to pick up our vegetables, I heard Macie yell that she found litter... but I kept on strolling. 10 minutes later, I look over to see her like this. Oops! Not sure what my neighbors think of me, but the truth is, that can was litter, and Macie brought it back to our house to recycle.
The girl surprises me. Every day. I need to listen to her more, because she is smarter than a jellyfish. Which brings me to #6.
6. WHEN did she learn how to read? Last week we stopped at Pei Wei on our way home from gymnastics. I was eating and enjoying watching Finley slurp up her Chinese noodles (it's a pretty funny sight). And Macie was being miraculously quiet across the table. Then suddenly, she blurts out, "Soon, You will be sitting on top of the world!!" What? Then she hands me her fortune. I mean... wow. When did it all happen? I am so impressed with all she is learning at school. Her teachers are amazing.
I feel like I am blinking and missing how she is growing (physically and intellectually) by leaps and bounds! Same with her toddler sister. Which leads me to #5.
5. Finley got the short end of the stick when it comes to documenting her every move. Gosh this blog has come to a screeching halt since having our second baby! But, she is very unique and has a sense of humor that won't quit. She misses Macie so much during the day, but has recently found a new play buddy in Marlin. I was paying bills on the computer when I saw Finley come running in the room with her cat ears on. "MA-WIN! COME 'ERE!" she shouted. And because Finley often has sticky delicious fingers, he came running. But, funny enough, he had cat ears on too. Hahaha!
Poor Marlin. He's had his share of dress-up with these girls. Speaking of dress-up... that reminds me of something else. Let's call it #4.
4. Mommy (that's me!) got to get all dressed up on a weekend away. A WEEKEND AWAY! Now, that is UNHEARD of in the Martino household. Which brings me to #1 of us loving Eric's new job that allowed for him to stay home with the girls, and I got to go to my college-roomate's wedding in the mountains of Colorado. It's was a quick trip, but I soaked it in. It was a break I needed. I read my smutty magazines on the airplane and made sure my seat was not near ANY kids. I drove up to the beautiful mountains of Winter Park and spent a quick but most enjoyable 15 hours with some of my favorite people on this planet. I cried at a wedding, I drank plenty of wine. I sat near the fireplace, and I caught up with my girlfriends. Friends that are so tight, and mean so much to me. It was awesome.
But speaking of good photos, weddings, and Winter Park... that brings me to #3.
3. Guess who is getting married in 2 weeks? MY BROTHER Mark Cafiero. YEP! And we are so excited. We never thought it was possible (haha!) but his fiance' LK loves him for every quirky detail. Macie and Finley are flower girls, and we will all don our cowboy boots.
Mark, being an extremely talented photographer, has enlisted Becker to photograph his wedding. Who know's how the actual ceremony will go with a not-quite-two-year-old as one of the flower girls, and Gary the dog as the best man. We fly in on Halloween and plan on trick-or-treating at Mimi's house! Which brings me to #2.
2. Halloween! Bundled up, We are excited and keeping it pretty tame. Macie is terrified by spooky commercials, the halloween isles at the stores, and pretty much everything else. Finley is going to be a cupcake. Macie is going to be a baker. They get to trick-or-treat with their cousins, a ninja and a sumo wrestler! Sounds perfect. Pictures to come!!! And we come back to Nashville after we celebrate my sister Gina's birthday. Which is also voting day. Which reminds me... #1.
1. I voted. And Finley must not approve (she saw my ballot).
But every day I am so proud to be an American where we can vote. While I won't say WHO I voted for, I can say I was undecided for a long time, and this is the first election where I deliberated and sought answers for my own beliefs and standards. We can have our opinions. And regardless of who wins, I will support our President. After all, we are the UNITED States of America. I believe if we can work towards loving each other and supporting our leader, our country will thrive.
There we go! All caught up! Until next time!


4 comments:
ssngdcoodsoeOh this was the best blog in forever Kat...........can you explain more about the picture of the stand in girl???? What was this for?? I am missing so much of my little Nashville family..........I just hate not being involved and knowing all the wonderful things. I miss not hugging my babies. Eric never shares what he does with me. Well that is enough of "oh poor me". I love you all so much. 3>
Haha! Yep! Eric was "modeling" for an upcoming ad for M Street. That girl was a model too. And then the picture depicts them as dates.
you can take that girl, i know it.
you crack me up. loved this post.
glad you're getting to enjoy some Colorado time with friends and family.
Loved this update. You are so funny. It was great seeing you. Next time I'm in Nashville....
Post a Comment