So, we chose New York because the last time we went we were with our two year old Macie. And while we didn't let anything silly like a nap schedule slow us down, we left thinking there was still more to experience, as adults.
So, here are the pictures. Not in chronological order because I just don't have the patience to organize these (we're lucky they are on the blog at all!)
Sunset Cruise: On a boat full of foreigners, and had the most passionate tour guide. He was full of love for New York City. Eric listed intently and when we left, he told us we were his "spiritual rock" on that trip. Whoa mister... that's intense. But, check out this perfect view of our lady liberty!
Not too long ago, Eric and I listed to a book on tape about the uber-successful Danny Meyer and the Shake Shack is one of his restaurant concepts. Sure enough, there was a line out the door. But also sure enough, it was the most magnificent hamburger and shake... everrrrrrrr.
We saw a spice store. Eric's eyes were HUGE when he saw this! The boy loves his seasonings, herbs and spices!
This is Mario Batalli's "Eataly" It was a dream. We were in a dream Italian Market. Amazing.
(oh, and if you think that's about it for food... think again.)
At Eataly, we enjoyed some Pinot Grigio with an assortment of meats and cheeses. I was in love. Eric was in love. We are in love with each other, but at this moment, we were in love with our food and atmosphere.
I did make one reservation at a swanky place called PUBLIC. A very chef-y type spot where you work to get the perfect bite. And when you do... POW! Mind blowing!
Oh, but this place was my FAVORITE. Anejo. Mexican but like the best Mexican. We had a flight of tequila, and were feeling happy!
And this is where I just window shopped. I wanted it all, so I just took a picture. Now, here I sit in Nashville with not one morsel of chocolate in my house and I wish I had had one of everything when I could have.
We had a drink at a bar with lots of windows. In time square.
Lots of people watching the game on tv in our bar... made me a little self conscious though! Let me have this martini in peace please.
more spices
pic on the sunset cruise
champagne! We are celebrating! 10 incredible years! I am blessed beyond belief... I know I hit the jackpot with this guy!
Oh see that toy statue :)
Espresso! We have a late night...
Ran into my cousin in the city!
Another panoramic from the window of the Museum of Modern Art
I tell you, using the left side of your brain for 4 floors and several hours can be hard. I mean, you really gotta get in that artsy place. I think I got there for a minute.
Cab rides can be scary.
We found a park. We needed to run off some calories!
The one and only... Central Park
I choose Hells Kitchen. We loved it there.
Okay. So, after we were sent away, we told the people at Jimmy Fallon that this was all we wanted and we tried so hard, yadda yadda yadda...
and in a few short hours... VIP SEATS for the next nights showing. BOOM! Yep, we got air time too! And it was a great and funny show.
Rebuilding of the WTC. Amazing how in such a busy and LOUD city, this is the quietest place on Earth. We Will Never Forget. It is a very sad and intense feeling.
Awesome trip. Action Packed. Diet and detox in full swing now!




3 comments:
I loved it there.....almost got run over by a taxi, did not know we don't have the right of way there. Made a cop mad because i tried to cross against the light. Got locked out on the top floor of the Empire State Building,did not leave when they were closing....that was fun, good thing the person I was with did leave and I got out with a scolding. sat on the back bumper of a paddy wagon and he pulled away not knowing i was there. And.......2 days later 9/11/01. Needless to say I am not welcome in the big city which is fine with me........it sort of smells! But had White Castles!!!!
PS loved the pics though!!! Katherine ...so glad you said "YES", such a beautiful couple!!! Not to mention my grand-babies......thank you!!!
I'm going to have to have Travis read this post so he'll get some tips/hints on romance :)
Happy Anniversary...I still remember your awesome fun wedding all those years ago.
Jackie
Post a Comment