Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday Finley

When she was in my belly, I prayed for a chill baby.  Macie gave me such a run for my money, I just wanted a baby that would be easy to please.  A cuddler, a good sleeper, a smiler.   I so got that in this next baby.  God answered my prayers!  So much, that I remember worrying at times (because a mom's got to worry) thinking "Why does she never get upset?  Does she have feelings?"

Well, let me tell you, worrying is good for no one.  At two, this girl did a little flip of the switch.  She turned into this little micro manager.  She turned into a little jokester, task master, strong willed child.  She still had that soft smile and big eyes that made me melt, but she learned to test my patience on the daily.  Even so, she is the most innocent, lovely little lady.  She tells stories that don't make sense, loves on every animal that gets in arms distance. She cares her friends, she is an amazing eater... already eating paleo by choice. Looks up to her sister and trusts her more than anybody.  I am so in awe of this little human, growing and learning and asking questions every day that are helping her discover this world we live in.  Testing my limits ever day to discover... well, what really are my limits?  Loves the color purple, loves drawing on walls, loves Barney.

Finley Capri, you make our days interesting and fun. We want to know you more! We love that today you are three!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

Laura Thomas Hall said...

Great post and happy 3rd birthday, Finley!