I love favorite things. I love when people tell me their favorite things, and I am so easily persuaded. If I like the person, usually their favorite thing easily becomes my favorite thing.
Here are a few of my favorite things:
1) My vacuum. I know this is such a boring favorite thing, but I seriously love my Dyson. And I have for years!!! I could go door to door selling this thing! It never loses suction, and I can't believe the dirt that acquires in my house after 3 days! I vacuum every other day, and whenever Macie sees a vacuum commercial on tv, she says, "Mom, I'm going to make sure Santa gets this for you for Christmas!" That's my girl!
2) Usher. Yup, I said it. I love Usher! Does he not have an amazing voice? Okay, next, I love Bruno Mars. Now HE has an amazing voice.
3) Hershey's. There is something about the taste of Hershey's that I just love. More than Godiva, Dove, See's... I love plain Hershey's. And I buy lots of Hershey kisses for "decoration" during Christmas. I'm not sure how they disappear so fast, or why I need fat pants...
4) Amy Grant Christmas songs. I grew up on Amy Grant Christmas songs. I love Dolly Parton Christmas songs too, but Amy Grant seriously hits a chord in my heart. I know where she lives, and I have been so tempted to send her a Christmas card professing my love for her, but Eric says that will make her feel the need to call extra security. Whatever.
5) House shoes! I splurged and bought some loafer slippers with soles at Target for $19.99. (Is it me, or is Target really not that cheap? We just think of it as cheap because it's "Target", but end up spending $250 on stuff we really don't need anyway). Well, these are so awesome because they are lined with faux fur and have a nice rubber sole. I wear them day and night, inside and out. I have never had house shoes, but I will tell you, I will never not have house shoes again!
6) Voluminous. Wow, I'm only on #6 and I'm already getting desperate for favorite things. Well, if you are looking for a good mascara, may I suggest Loreal Voluminous? My friend from work recommended this mascara to me. Her eyes always "pop" (and she is beautiful... her name is CBass). She said always put three coats on. So, I do. And now, Voluminous is one of my favorite things.
7) Marlin. We really do have the best dog in the world. I love that he sleeps in the front room with one eye open. He is always right at our feet for a simple pat in the head. He is gentle and loving to Finley and Macie. Ohhhh everyone in the world needs a dog like Marlin in their life.
8) Pottery Barn Chenille Blanket. YES. Sister-in-law Nicole bought us the best blanket last year for Christmas. It is the softest most comfy thing EVER. I didn't think we needed another throw, but now, it is the ONLY throw. It follows me around the house in the mornings. Really, it is pathetic. Everyone should have this.
9) Carrabba's Margarita Pizza. Have you had this? Go now. Try it. Best late night after a couple cocktails maybe. I don't know, but when Eric brings this home for me, it is better than a dozen roses. Something about this most delicious flavorful combination of pizza crust, olive oil, fresh mozzarella cheese, roma tomatoes and basil... topped with a little sea salt. Mmmmmm mmmmm.
10) Ellen. Isn't she so funny? I don't get around to turning on her show ever day, but when I do, I think she is hilarious. I am so glad there is a good successor to Oprah :)
What are your favorite things?
5 comments:
I totally have the same house shoes, actually I did until my Target ones wore out, now I have the Minnetonka ones, pretty much the same things. Also, the same on chenille throw, which is great until River snatches it.
I'll have to start a favorite things or at least an update...
I too love Ellen (my girls dance with her!), and my house 'shoes' (fur lined slippers with soles). Don't know much Usher but I'll check him out and the mascara..maybe they'll be my new faves (I'll blog my list for ya) I'm a Dove dark chocolate girl and John Denver Christmas songs was all I knew growing up (him + the Muppets is a pretty good album :)
Love my dyson!
I love my coffee maker because it grinds the amount you choose fresh everymorning right into the filter. Worth every penny!
You are so funny! All of your favorite things have become my favorite things. In fact I am probably going to steal your post and put it on my blog because I want to be just like you!
Oh but you forgot that I bought you house shoes last year...remember? And what about your bracelet? Why did that not make your favorites list? Hmmmmm????
Post a Comment