Christmas music is so much more fun to listen too. Macie knows the words to all the songs and we just carol our way through our car rides. She is practicing 6 songs for her Christmas program at school, all of which have corresponding movements. Can't wait! It will be her first official Christmas program.
And then you gotta love the songs she tries to know. Tonight she was belting "Two turtle dubs, Three French Mens, Two turtle dubs AND A FLOSSMAN IN THE PANTRY"
Last night Eric and I took Macie on a "special date". We got a sitter for Finley and got all dressed up and went to the Opry House to see the Rockettes. It was such a cool show! Man, those girls have LEGS! Wish I was a Rockette :)
Macie was entranced! There was a part where the Santa on stage was looking for a volunteer in the audience. Macie wouldn't raise her hand... but not that it mattered, because this was completely staged... they brought a little girl on stage and she miraculously turned into a professional ballerina dancing with to the nutcracker. I'll never forget the look on Macie's face! She said afterwards that next year she is totally going to volunteer... she wants to be the ballerina on stage!
And then there is Santa and our Elf on the Shelf - Buddy. We are having fun with Buddy. And the sweetest Santa at Green Hills Mall stopped and gave Macie a hug. This was after she insisted on NOT sitting on his lap. She only wanted to look at him. After her hug, she told me he felt warm and kind - and she loves him. That said, I think the whole "he knows if you are being bad or good.." thing is stressing her out, or maybe not. All I know is that she is not being especially good because Santa is watching. No, in fact, I'm finding myself dealing with a little more sassy-ness than usual. Not sure why, but I am.
Our camera has gone Ka-Put (is that how you spell it? - well it broke). So, I am lacking pictures. But, our house is lit up. If you see Eric with a staple gun and lights... watch out! But, our house does look cute. Very much like a gingerbread house.
Cards are in the mail, but we don't have a tree up yet. We have a fake tree, but the stand is broken. Not to mention, we have a crazy climber named Finley...thus putting off the whole Christmas tree thing. Our *Replacement Artificial Tree Stand* has been ordered via Amazon, and once it arrived, the tree will go up! Let's hope this happens before Christmas.
After lots of drama in the NBA, there will be an NBA season after all. Do you care? Didn't think so. Well, there is someone who really cares, and his name is Eric. And did you know his beloved Miami Heat will be starting off their season on Christmas Day? Yey! No shopping necessary! That will be Eric's gift from Santa!
And that is all.
I would like to apologize to my future self for not being very vigilent to this blog! This is my journal for our family, and I have neglected it! I can't allow this! Especially because I now how much I love looking at past posts and reading and looking at pictures. I need to be better about this, and I will.
2 comments:
i think the holidays bring it out in all of us, kid or adult....smiles, tears, out loud singing ;) sass, stress, giving, FUN! I (too) love your blog and learn so much from you as a friend and mom.
I love your posts!
Post a Comment