This summer, Eric let me get away to the lake with some girlfriends and he took our kiddos for a weekend. Normally he works weekends so, I was surprised I was even able to go. I have to say though, having a retreat like that was good for any momma's soul! Uninterrupted girl talk, adult beverages, great scenery and some fun in the sun! Soooo nice! I am always so grateful for the amazing friends I have here. They are like 12 sisters. Easy to talk to, open, honest, available, non-judmental, and we are doing this thing called life together and it is awesome. Mandy's family was nice enough to let us use her lake house for the weekend!

I knew that Eric wouldn't be able to actually stay away from work for a whole weekend, so it was no surprise to me that, while I was away, Macie and Finley got to experience "the day in the life" of Daddy at work. Or so they think. He took them to the restaurants with him.. at Virago, they had a sampling of the desserts, and then at Kayne Prime, the chef fixed them some Maple Cotton Candy which normally goes on the House Bacon appetizer. On a sugar high... they were thinking this was awesome.
Then at Eric's office where they pounded away on a calculator and colored on white paper. Daddy has the perfect job. Or so they think!
1 comment:
Girls trips are so needed. I just returned from one in fort collins. Didn't get to stop by the OB though, but remembered such good times.
My kids were home sick with the flu (yuk!) while I was away. Not sure Travis will be so agreeable next time. ;)
Post a Comment