Well, well. We decided it's time for us Martino's to get a little XTREME. We live in a subdivision, and no, we don't ride bikes, like ever. And we do go to the pool with floaties on and sunscreen. Sometimes we go for hikes, but only like twice a year. But, don't put a label on us... we just bought kayaks!

In between hard core rapids, I happened to take a selfie. And yes, in between major waves, I was lucky enough to keep my phone dry. I don't know how, those rapids had to of been level 9 or something...
In between hard core rapids, I happened to take a selfie. And yes, in between major waves, I was lucky enough to keep my phone dry. I don't know how, those rapids had to of been level 9 or something...
See, Finley hanging on there... we are moving REEEEEEALLY fast, it just doesn't look that way.
PHEW! Stopped for a little breather...
And here's the funny thing... our little river is slower than a snail, and floating down on kayaks is not extreme in the least bit, but we have managed to find ourselves some drama on this river. Like, when Macie leaned over to grab something and tipped the kayak over.
Or when we missed our stop... and Eric had to pull us in our kayaks upstream for about an hour...
And lastly, when it started getting dark, and I was waiting for Eric at a new access point... after hours of waiting, and him not knowing where he was, and it started getting dark, I did a little panic move and dialed 911. The cops showed up, just as Eric was paddling up too. We are all just fine.
So, actually, in terms of our lifestyle, yes, these kayaks have made us somewhat XTREME this summer. We are learning as we go! At least the scenery is nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment