There wasn't a blizzard that kept us in... but there wasn't really anything outside that enticed us either... So, we've been home. Cleaning and messing up the house simultaneously. Macie has really enjoyed Science experiments.. like melting ice with salt, watching raisins dance to music (in Sprite), and we even had all the ingredients to make "Flubber Gak" <--- Check out this blog for many more science experiments!
I love tea hosted by Jasmine herself!
Sometimes bathtime is a joy, sometimes not so much. This day, it was a joy!
OF course this is Macie's signature self portrait. You can always tell it's her by the "beauty mark" on her forehead. Oh, and she is very proud of her poofy shoulder sleeves too. (I'm so glad to know that's what they are!)
And isn't it funny... whatever Macie has, Finley wants. In the rare occasion that Finley is entertaining herself, immediately Macie wants to take over. Finley gets pushed around a lot, but I often wonder if I am too hard on Macie... every time I hear a yell or cry, I immediately yell at Macie to knock it off. Ugh... there's that mom guilt again!
Speaking of Mom guilt. Finley is into adventures. She as found the stairs and will stop at nothing to get to them. Thankfully, we have a door that blocks the stairs, but haven't fully gotten in the habit of keeping that door closed. My heart sank today when I thought she was playing with her toys in the living room, but then heard cries from the hall (where the stairs are). Yep, she was at the bottom. I have no idea how far up she got before she fell, and her tears didn't last for long, but - ugh. She's been bonked countless times too. I know it's the name of the game when you have a 1 year old, but it sure doesn't feel good on my heart.


1 comment:
I hear ya on the mom guilt...bickering kids makes me a little crazy and I sometimes throw a little tantrum myself...
Post a Comment