Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Honey Badger

Once, she was demure.  Easily pleased.  She was my "chill baby".  Gone are those days.  She is now the meltdown in isle 4, the grabber of everything, the wet noodle in my arms who would rather be walking, touching, breaking, drawing on walls. 

Macie has recently become fascinated with the Honey Badger.  An animal I am just now learning about because she is my little human encyclopedia.  The Honey Badger is "the most fearless creature on earth" and while it looks cute and sweet (Finley), it stops at nothing to get it's way (Finley). 

Finley is the bully of our house.  Even Macie will cry because Finley took her toy, or pushed her, etc.  She is our Honey Badger.

That said, she is 17 months of cute!  Her language is a crack up.  She knows the basics (Cookie, Milk, Dog, Cat, Mommy, Daddy).  And then there is her own language that we can interpret Macie = Mommeece; Binky= Mommeek.   And the rest of the time she is telling full on stories.  I'm sure many details are included, but we have NO CLUE what she is saying.  Even Macie will say, "Finley, NO ONE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!"

She is our Honey Badger.  HONEY BADGER DON'T CARE.
We all have a little soft spot for Honey Badgers now, and if you want to watch a funny and not very child appropriate video... Click Here

More to come.  We are in the midst of our dream... 30 days with Eric.  My camera broke at Typhoon Lagoon, so as soon as I get my images on my computer, I'm, sure a video montage will be in the making.

2 comments:

Kat said...

too cute! Full on Toddler and my hubby and I love the honey badger.

Jackie said...

and not even two yet ;)
she's adorable