I love Christmas. I love the hustle and bustle, the cheer, the happy citizens that wave you into your desired lane because "It's Christmas". I love the smells, the sounds, the happy kids and forever long lines to sit on Santa's lap. I love the ribbons and the bows, and the packages, and Christmas Eve Service. I love it I love it I love it. All leading to the PERFECT day which is full of love and toys, and togetherness. It's wonderful and amazing. And then.
EXHALE! Another 300 days of reality. Phew!
Every year, I soak up the season. I feel full like a tick...and it's nice, to let it go. Let it go. Eat normal again, breath normal again, park at the mall normal again. Back to normal again.
That being said, we had the most perfect day yesterday. If I could draw it up any better, it would have included more (and all) of our family, but besides that, it was perfect and sweet. Just little ol' us.
Photos: I was goober mom and made Macie do a craft for Santa. Did he appreciate it? I don't know. But Marlin sure enjoyed the late night snack.
Present #1 for Macie. We could have stopped here... she didn't even want to open another gift after this one because she was very busy reading her new book!
Yes, I looked this bad all day long. No fancy dinners to attend. We didn't even leave home. Maybe next year I'll clean up a bit for pictures.
And I'm not sure who enjoyed the Big Wheels more-- Eric or Macie. Can you say "Proud Papa!". Macie drives with her hands on the handle bars, but that doesn't mean she actually uses them. Oh, and as for looking at what's in front of her? Nope. She is a crazy driver at best. See video in previous post (which was a clue for Grammie who got a new car... and in in efforts to complete the scavenger hunt leading her to which, she needed a code, and the code was found on our blog... and there you go! Happy New Car Grammie!)
But she looks good doing it.
3 comments:
YES, MY PRECIOUS FAMILY GAVE ME A CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER FOREVER.............A BRAND NEW HONDA ACCORD!!!! I WAS SENT ON A SCAVENGER URT THAT WAS A BLAST...BEST TIME I HAVE HAD...........AND THEN THE GRAND FINALE WAS MY BEAUTIFUL GRANDDAUGHTER GIVING ME THE CLUES TO OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR AND THERE IT WAS!!!!! I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW HAPPY AND SURPRISED I WAS I CAN'T BELIEVE IT STILL.......AND YES MY DARLING SON........I KNEW IT WAS CARPENTER!!!! EXTRA POINTS FOR ME???? I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND PLEASE KNOW I AM THE PROUDEST PARENT, GRAMMIE, MOTHER INLAW AND FRIEND IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW!!! LOVE YOU ALL WITH ALL MY HEART
awww, I guessed a car but was a little confused... That's so awesome and it was pulled off as a surprise many miles away. Way to go. Our Christmas was just us too. I wish we had more family here but it was kind of special being just us. Love ya!
I'm so jealous.. I wanted one of those cars when I was a little girl!!
Post a Comment