Thursday, January 8, 2009

home away from home

It's usually a Sunday tradition. Macie and I go do our shopping and stop for lunch at Carrabbas. It's getting more fun as she gets bigger. Now, she has her own seat at the Pasta Bar, and Eric spoils us royally with amazing food and drink. We chat, she colors, Eric works, passerby's flirt and entertain, I sit back and enjoy myself- it's lovely. The pasta sauce makes a bath just about necessary when we get home. Although Eric will forbid her from working in a restaurant, I'm excited to know that this will be a big part of her childhood memories.

Oh, and let me give kudos where they are due. My hard working husband recently had record sales for this Nashville restaurant in the 9 years it's been open. I'd say in this lousy economy, he's doing more than OK. Good job, Eric!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

AND...........MAY I SAY THANK YOU TO MY WONDERFUL DAUGHTER IN LAW FOR STANDING BESIDE MY SON!!!! I LOVE YOU KAT!!! AND MACIE SAGE YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST GIRL EVER!!!!
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH
GRAMMIE

gina marie said...

Congratulations ERIC!!! Good work. And Kat, your Sunday tradition is beautiful!!! I wish we could make it ours and meet you each Sunday at the pasta bar in Carrabas. She and you will cherish this for years to come. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Eric, Its nice to hear some good business news. I so wish Grant and Evelyn and I could join you for lunch at Carabbas today. Of course Grant would eat everything and the rest of us wouldn't get our share. hee hee

Katie said...

yummm, and congrats to your hubs. i love your life.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Eric, that's wonderful!!

Katherine, I love looking at your blog and catching a glimpse of your fabulous life...it makes me want to be like you when I get married and have babies :)

Miss you here in KC! Briana :)

Anonymous said...

Now I'm craving some Carabbas...mmmm...
I swear I've met some really great people while working at a restaurant, including you : )
Kudos to your hubbie!

Katherine said...

Thanks Jackie... little did you know you'd become friends with this WATD! Haha!

Anonymous said...

OMG I was the worst person ever back then!!! Much improved I hope. Thank you for abbreviating. You rock and I forever owe you for WATD...we were sooo jealous thats all.