I grew up on Dolly - my mom LOVED her! I can still recite the words to "Jolene" and "9 to 5" "Hard Candy Christmas" (and more). My mom and I (and even my brother) used to watch her talk show that came on Friday nights. I remember the long anticipated episode where Dolly was going to reveal her REAL HAIR (which, by the way, ended up looking a lot like her fake hair!)
Dolly loves the kids out here in Tennessee. Every month, we get a book in the mail from Dolly Parton's Imagination Library! Wonderful books and they are free! When Macie sees the book in the mail box she shouts "Dolly Parton Book!!!"

I hope that in our time here in Tennessee, I get the opportunity to somehow see her in person (in concert or at a coffee shop by coincidence!). I love her honesty, and her ability to laugh at herself.
Last night Dolly was on Leno. Isn't she cute?
1 comment:
I love Dolly too! Jolene Jolene Jooooleeeen! sing it with me.
Post a Comment