Macie has grown up, changed, and is a different girl. I can't figure out if it's just my view of her now that she's a big sister, and we have a newborn in the house, or if something really did change overnight?
She is definitely keeping me on my toes... if I hear singing in the bathroom, I can be sure that some sort of experiment is taking place in there, usually involving lot's of water, bubbles, and definitely a big mess.
Her sentences include big words like "ridiculous" and "absolutely". She uses hand gestures in everything she says.
Mimi, who's been at our house for over a week has developed a unique relationship with Macie. Basically, everything Mimi says is wrong and needs to be corrected. Macie spews facts like the kid in Jerry McGuire. Thanksgiving included things like the Mayflower and Pilgrims and Indians...
And probably the most entertaining (and embarrassing) is Macie's fascination with "Mommy's Bizmuss".
We've always referred to our personal areas as "our business" But me nursing has really confused the girl. She was quick to ask, "Why is Finley drinking from your bizmuss?"
Then, explaining to the perfume lady at Dillards about her new baby sister...of course she had to mention that her new baby sister drinks from "Mommy's bizmuss"...that which then required an explanation from Eric (who was even more embarrassed). Macie feeds all of her dolls from her bizmuss, and loves telling complete strangers about how Mommy's bizmuss is long, and hers is short.
Overall, she loves her sister, treats her well, is a lot more understanding about sharing my attention. The similarities in appearance of Macie and Finley is a trip... especially when Finley wears something that was once Macie's. BUT, the personalities cannot be farther apart. Macie was high maintenance, and Finley hardly makes a peep. A couple grunts lets us know she wants to be held, but the girl hardly cries at all.
I'm so enjoying this. Love my girls, and super thankful for all my mom's help.
3 comments:
I've been itching to email you about how everything is going but I know emotions run high (darn hormones) those first two weeks so I'm thankful for your post to hear about the girls. And the bit about "bizmuss" had me laughing out loud. Macie and Finley sound like a good balance of personalities. So fun. Love your blog!
I am cracking up! What a great time you are having with those girls! They are just too precious. Both my girls personalities are the opposites and I think that is why they get along so well now.
Hilarious! Miss you at work, but so glad for the time you are having with your sweet family. Hope to visit this weekend. XOXO,
Post a Comment