Anyhoo.
Macie drew this for me today. I love it for so many reasons. One, is that she always draws me in green because she knows it's my favorite color. She's also decided green is her favorite color too! And I love that we are holding hands in this picture. I am cherishing these days when I am 'cool'. I know they won't last forever.
At $26 a pop, I bought an extra ticket to the grand ole opry during the Country Music Festival. My mom has been wanting to go, so she booked a ticket be our guest. It was an awesome show. Jarrod Neiman, Darius Rucker, Martina Mc Bride, Lady Antebellum, and Carrie Underwood all performed. That was awesome. But, when special guest, Scotty McCreary (American Idol winner) came onstage, Macie went NUTS! We watched American Idol and she knew everyone's name. After seeing so many awesome performers on the Opry stage, I was really surprised to see her totally starstruck!
I love catching Finley and Macie in a moment. I think it's so cool that Finley loves Macie so much and Macie loves Finley back. I am dreaming this is just the beginning of a solid sister bond. Sisters are the best!
Macie wants to be a "hair doer" when she grows up! I let her do my hair all the time, because I think it feels great. EXCEPT when she tried to twirl my hair on the brush... and then yanked, and then got frustrated and pulled, and cried and I lost it too. OUCH!!!! We have rules now when we play beauty parlor. Serious rules. No one is exempt from this game either. Doesn't Eric look good in bows?
Not to brag or anything, but what do you think of our flower beds in front? I think they look good! Good as in, it looks like I knew I what I was doing when I chose and planted flowers and shrubs. Good as in, maybe this girl has this homekeeping thing down. Good as in, I bet we totally take care of our house and it's totally clean and organized inside... totally. I'm sure I'm not fooling anyone, but I'm pretty darn proud of myself.
Pretty darn proud of our garden too! Everything is growing! Next year I'll know to plant fewer seeds, LABEL, and I'll also know that when the carrots start to sprout - well, it's still gonna be awhile before they're ready.
What was supposed to be a light and easy month has ended up a tumultuous, heavy, crazy month for Eric and the biz. The Daddy days that we get have been few, so we've been packing in the action. Here, we are at the Family Fun Center... Eric wasn't much help to Macie in learning to skate... but it was cute for the 30 seconds that it lasted.
I realize that Eric works long hours. He also works when most husbands/dads are home. Yes, Macie get's really sad when he leaves for the day (crocodile tears), BUT... when he is home, he. is. home. I mean, so absolutely engaged, it's amazing. So, I'll take that because I know it's worth a lot. For example - how about the Pillow Ninja's? You would not ever catch me playing this game. I do not like being hit by pillows.
So, now all my random pics are uploaded and while we're talking Bugs Bunny... that's all folks!
2 comments:
Oh man! My favorite hodge podge post ever! I want Macie to do my hair (as long as she follows the rules) and I don't want any of your carrots...but I applaud the effort. Your entry is beautiful! And I can't wait to hold and cuddle with Finley!
pretty eyelashes! I relate so much lately in trying to cherish these times...they are wonderful
Post a Comment