Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall Break


We are currently at hump day of fall break. Fall break means, kids get a week off pre-school while parents still pay tuition. How did they rig that deal, anyway?

Well, we are enjoying Fall Break nonetheless. I do like having zero obligations. I haven't even worn makeup yet. Kinda nice!
Last Friday was the umteenth day of BATTLING it out with Macie over her *$#(#@ hair! I remember fighting my mom over my hair, but I do not remember this kind of drama! Finally, at my wits end, I told Macie her Rapunzel dreams are OVER (I may have screamed it, but whatever, I'll pay for therapy later!), and on Monday, we were at Heads Up with her crazy tangled mop getting those locks chopped! Turns out, she likes her new bob, and personally, I think she looks super cute too! It was a win win! And since we were both so happy, we went to Sweet CeCe's to celebrate with some fro-yo. Finley got her first good taste of chocolate, and broke out in giggles. So funny!

Finley, is officially 11 months old! Time to plan the big 1 year shin dig! Now, I try not to compare, but at 11 months, Macie had a full on vocabulary both speech wise, and also in sign language. She was putting two words together, and she knew at least 10 signs. BUT, just to be fair, Macie was never a climber. Finley is a really good climber! On the other hand, her vocabulary consists of one word:
"Yeah".

Me: "Finley, you want something to eat?"
F: "Yeah"

Me: "Finley, you like crackers?"
F: "Yeah"

Eric: "Finley, are the Miami Dolphins going to win today"
F: (shakes head no).

OH! See, even though the girl doesn't say much, she is pretty darn smart!

Also during Fall break, we are painting the inside of our house. It is a beautiful color called "Balanced Beige" by Sherwin Williams, and I should be painting right now. I guess that's why I am actually updating the blog. I don't want to paint.

And that's all for now. Leave me a comment.

5 comments:

Kat said...

Fall Break next week... paying for daycare and preschool too!

Love the bob. Caroline is getting a hair cut and jules well even though I have threatened I just can't cut it short. We have the same knock down fights and my husband looks at me like I have lost my ever loving mind:)

Jackie said...

I love this post. I relate. First, Breck's hair..she prefers it in her face which is gross when it's also in her food, paint, etc. Second, I expected Marin would be this "little Breck" but she's not at all. And no kidding, I LOVE B's preschool but they take off as many days as they can while we still pay.
Happy Painting...

Jenn said...

How do you paint with a baby?! Geesh you sure get a lot done! Good for you :)

Mom said...

Oh, YOUR HAIR! Remember the layored "Farah Fawcet" cut you had them do when I left the salon for a few minutes? Still have your journal entry about the "bad words" your mom said to the stylist!

...and that huge perm?

...and the millions of times I'd have to redo your pony and pigtails in the morning because you had "horns"...never could figure out what the horns were!

Katie said...

What I would give for a fall break!!! I would pay... Love you and your updates.

I have completely given up control over clothes and hair with my 5 year old. She is so into it, with interesting results, multiple headbands, clips, etc. and an outfit fit for ... well, I'm not sure, and don't get me started on the shoes. I just hide and get rid of anything that I can't bear. Whatevs.

As for the horns, I can totally remember that, bang grow out problem.
xoxo