Thursday, October 6, 2011

Treasure found among the trash

Toys are taking over my home! Welcome to F & M Play land! And for that reason, I got a little motivation to clean our bonus room upstairs. The room known as the catch=all. It has many themes...Man Cave, Eric's music room, Miami Dolphins everything, furniture we don't want to deal with, cat litter box, and lots of junk.
It is TIME for an overhaul...it's gonna be a playroom!

While I was cleaning, I was purging. Everything. I was a crazy woman because I had limited time in my day (the ticking time-bomb...naptime) But, when I stumbled upon this, I couldn't help but to just sit and reflect and even cry a little..



It's a prayer my late Nonnie wrote me and Eric on our wedding day. Written on tablet paper. I LOVE her handwriting, and I wish I knew what it said. She had the most magnificent love story (met my Crampa ON their wedding day), and the most solid marriage I have ever witnessed. I want to have this note forever... so... welcome to my next DIY project.

Not sure how I'll use this. But I want it to be prominent... in a place I'll see it every day... stay tuned :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine!
How precious is this!! I love Nonnie's writing too...it is for sure a blessing for you and Eric. Maybe Uncle Mario can translate-a for you. Nonnie and Cranpa did have the most rock solid marriage, one I strive for everyday. Now I have sand in my eyes and many happy memories of our Nonnie and Cranpa, God Blessa!

Take care...F & M are so cute and getting so big!

Love and Hugs,
Your Cousin Cheesa

PS - can't wait to see what you do with this Love Note

Sarah said...

Hi!
I saw this on stumble upon last night and fell in love with this idea!! Maybe you could do something like this?

http://alisaburke.blogspot.com/2010/09/love-note-pillow-tutorial.html

oh and yeah for the playroom! My dream job is to be a playroom designer.

Mom said...

I'm tearing up looking at this note. I'm so glad you still have it. I can still see Nonnie reading it at your wedding, then walking over to your table and sprinkling holy water on you and Eric. So very precious. She was a gift to so many of us whose lives she touched!

gina marie said...

what a gem! I love her handwriting.