Eric has a new job y'all. That's right!
July 31 is was his last day at Carrabba's after 18 years! He started as a busboy at age 14, and after performing every duty within the restaurant walls, he was promoted to Assistant Manager. A couple years after that, the Corporate Office asked him to become a Regional Food Tech where he opened several restaurants across the country. At age 26, Eric became a Proprietor within the company, and just recently he completed his first 5 year contract! He's worked hard and long hours, and has really built a little community around Carrabba's here in Nashville. It is going to be hard to say goodbye to this company that has afforded him, and our family, so many opportunities. In fact, if it weren't for Carrabba's and Outback, Eric and I would have never met! So, we really do feel indebted to this company!
Wouldn't you know Eric wrote his very first resume' EVER earlier this year and sent it to one company...a company we've been watching for awhile called M Street. They weren't hiring, but agreed to meet. One conversation led to several others, and just a month ago they offered Eric the job he wanted. It was simply an opportunity he couldn't pass up, and will allow him to grow in his craft, while also allowing our family to stay in this city we want as our home. We are SO excited for this new venture. I know Eric is a little scared (he's man enough to admit it), but I simply see it as an opportunity for him to spread his wings. Yay!
Thank you to my friends who have listened to me vent, as it can be HARD to be a stay-at-home mom with no control.. that's how I have felt. Many prayers later, I am finally feeling relief. Ahhh.
Soooo... here we go. Kindergarten, new job... Finley is speaking in sentences now... gotta hold on and enjoy the ride!
1 comment:
Congrats!
Excited and happy for you, but a tad sad that a move back to Colorado isn't in your near future. I'll continue to be a close blog friend :)
Post a Comment