She ate her cereal, drank her juice and she was ready.
We woke up Daddy. (Who, worked until 4 am doing inventory and wrapping things up on his LAST DAY OF WORK...)
Got in the car, and we were off! No turning back now. Kindergarten or bust!
I was brave. I walked right in those doors, and I looked everyone in the eye ---oh wait, we are talking about Macie. Yes, she was brave, walked in, hugged her teacher (who happens to be my friend), tolerated one last pic with her family, and was quick to wave goodbye.
We walked back to the car and my eyes welled up... Today was the first of many... but yesterday was the last of not enough. I was already missing my baby.
Daddy went home and went back to sleep. Me and Fin went for a little snack and coffee at Starbucks. I soon realized, this was the most peaceful cup of coffee I have had in a long time! Macie is safely at school getting educated, and I am sipping coffee! It's a win-win!
Then, we all picked Macie up from school and she had a smile from ear to ear. She loved her first day, made a new friend, and wanted to take the bus tomorrow... BUT... tomorrow was no school, and Friday was a half day... and Daddy isn't working for a couple weeks, so we decided to have one last quick hurrah and GO TO THE BEACH!



2 comments:
this post made me well up and I haven't even sent Julia to kindergarten yet. This post just made me think of my reality in a week. The only blessing and curse of my job is that daddy will take her to her first day becauser her first day is my first day:( So I will just cry in my office!
Happy first day Macie!
oh i love her uniform.
I'm home (not knowing what to do with my time) after just dropping Breck off for her first day of Kindergarten. She cried and wanted me to stay, I choked back tears (so did Travis). Marin has spent two hours playing with every toy that is usually not shared by Breck.
Post a Comment