Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ode to thy Lawn

Oh Lawn,
Green, growing, abundant and giant Lawn
How thou art a beastly Lawn.
We thought that a $20 push mower would do.
I tried mowing once in 2005, and from then on, decided to defer thy job to thy husband. Never giving a mower upgrade any thought.

I remember drinking my tea on the porch whilst watching the man of our house labor over thy lawn.
A labor of love it was. He never complained once... ok, maybe he complained all the time.
But, I knew he loved it, and it really wasn't that bad. Because thy husband is somewhat dramatic anyway, so really, how bad could it be?

--ok. No more ode. I am not a poet, can you tell?

Eric, I owe you a BIG FAT apologie. Our lawn is one Bi-atch to mow. We should have bought a riding mower 3 years ago, and it is moments like these (that I have spent the last 1.5 hours mowing) that I realize what a trooper you are, and MAJOR contributor to our household and I LOVE YOU.

I could not get a picture of our entire lawn--this is about 2/3 of it--before it turned green and grew like crazy


Lets hope that the single girl (who is coming to look at our house for the 3rd time tomorrow) does not think twice about our lawn. And maybe she will buy our house, and meet a big burly man like mine (or hire one of the 13 year olds down the street) to take care of the lawn for her.
Lets also hope that since I was mowing after dark (had to wait until Macie went to bed) that:
  • I didn't miss any spots
  • the lines are straight
  • the neighbors with babies don't hate me.

2 comments:

gina marie said...

Oh Kat...you are no poet but you are hilarious! I think that you should get a WII for Eric to truly show your appreciation!!!

Macie Days said...

Uh Gina.. come on now. No Wii is necessary. Maybe a riding lawn mower, but since we are moving, looks like we are off the hook!