Friday, July 24, 2009

Week re-cap and my soapbox in between

Eric and I attended an only-as-fun-as-the-free-beverages awards ceremony last night where he walked away with Second Place: Best Italian Restaurant in Nashville. Voted by readers of the Tennessean We celebrated his win by bar-hopping through down-town Nashville afterwards.

I've been working a lot, and working hard, and maybe been a little (lot) stressed as I compiled and organized a week long training for and with VP's and executives of my company. I'm not quite sure I've ever loved Friday like I do today. I might not make it until 9 pm either!
On that note, though, I've got to say I truly love my job. If I could choose an industry to work in, Preventative Health is it. I got this job by pure chance, but it was a blessing. I am an Econ major walking amongst clinicians, BUT, I have found passion in my work. I am a firm believer in solving our healthcare crisis by getting people healthier, and keeping the healthy people healthy! I love that my company encourages healthy eating, that snacks the snacks provided are protein bars, that they pay for my gym membership. I love that they gave me a personal trainer and a fitness plan for 8 weeks, and worked with my schedule so I could make my 1pm workout 3 days a week. I love that I am surrounded by such SMART and fun people! My very favorite co-worker Laura is a nurse and diagnoses all of my issues. That the dietician told me my twitching eye was a mineral deficiency, and that personal trainers are always around to give me workout advice.
And I don't mention work in this blog very often because yes, I have a little bit of on-going guilt around the topic of work. I struggle with the fact that I am putting Macie in someone else's care while I do something for myself. And the truth is, it is not completely selfish. She loves loves loves her school, and at this point, I wouldn't even think of taking her out. She has an on-going curriculum, and the interactions and friendships she has are amazing. (And she is right across the street.)
If/when baby #2 comes along, I'll have to reconsider this path of full-time work, but until then, I am so happy with where I am.
Okay, off that box.

These are awesome: Go get you some!

On that note, I think I might start posting my favorite products as I encounter them. I think maybe it can be my little part to stimulate the economy!

I noticed Macie was unusually interested in her green beans tonight. Then I realized she was pretending to paint her nails with them.

We are trying to plan a get-away. Not sure where we'll go, or for how long, but we will go sometimes soon, and hopefully a sandy beach will be involved.

I suppose that's all for now! Wishing you a very merry weekend!

2 comments:

gina marie said...

I loved this post and am completely impressed that you found time to update your blog with all you have going on. Love you!!!

Kat said...

Sounds like a great job....and I too struggle with the work/ mom issue. Never ends!! There are days where I cry because I want to stay home but I do love my job and I probably would miss it once it was gone. Julia loves daycare too and I actually am feeling guilty that she won't return until the end of sept. You aren't the only one!