Thursday, July 9, 2009

Where your garden grows

I'm tired of just thinking of the projects in my head. Time to make it happen! First: A garden.
Step 1: Google how to make a garden - check!

Step 2: Go buy the supplies. Off to Home Depot. The (only so helpful) man cuts hands me the wood, and I'm off to load the truck (by myself with a toddler who demands to be held. oh boy) - check!
Step 3: Tell Eric I need each post to have a pointy side. Several tries with several man-tools, and then finally, our posts have pointy sides. - check!

Step 4: Try to assemble when toddler keeps saying "I DO IT!" - check!

Step 5: Put on the south side of the house where it will get the most sun - check!

Step 6: Grow something. (no check)

6 comments:

gina marie said...

Katherine, I am super impressed! Now I want to start a garden!

Amy said...

I'm impressed Kath! I think the actual growing will be a LOT easier than building a raised bed, that looked like the hard part! I bought Pepper, Tomatoes, Basil, Oregano, Rosemary and some sort of green onion from Lowes early in the season and they all grew in pots easily but the onions. Try starting with Basil - it's never-fail!!

Colleen said...

That's so awesome! I got to the planting part and it's growing like mad. Now I have to learn how to pick this stuff and actually use it. :)

Katie said...

Great Job Katherine. We have tons of tomatoes, onion, basil, and... ummm the carrots are still growing. But It takes time. Next year will be better. Our broccolli, peppers, swiss chard and lettuce took a beating when I left for two weeks.

Awesome start though!

Jackie said...

Love the high five pic. Her personality shines...I love it.
Wish i lived close to eat some yummy basil and onions....two on my top ten favorite food lists. :)

Anonymous said...

Eric has his own sandbox now