Friday, August 28, 2009

Eat your VEGGIES!

I thought I'd share this soup that my dad always makes. It is just so delicious, and loaded with veggies. It is called Zucchini Soup but you can put all kinds of veggies in it.

Ingredients:
Olive oil
parsley
garlic
4 c. chicken broth
zucchini (and you could add: carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, etc)
sour cream
fresh herbs

salt and pepper

Step 1: Saute minced garlic and parsley in a little olive oil.
Step 2: Add broth and bring to boil
Step 3: Add zucchini and veggies and cook till soft
Step 4: Let cool a little, and then put in blender or food processor.
Step 5, Salt, pepper, and season how you would like (I added sweet basil)
Step 6: Add a dollup of sour cream

Serve. YUM!

1 comment:

gina marie said...

YUM! I am going to make it this week and add chicken for a little extra protein...thanks!!!!