In a week will I have a job? I don't know... rumored lay-offs are looming. And although I love my job, I love thinking and dreaming that just maybe I will be forced into having more time in my days to do the standard stuff like laundry... maybe eventually finish painting Macie's room, heck, I want to bake a pie to just simply say, "I made a pie today"
1 week from today is "The Wiggles Live". Eric bought the tickets... and it appears we scored front and center seats.
Have you ever seen Anthony Wiggle? He is the cheesiest of the bunch. He takes Wiggles Cheese and steps it up to cringe level. I'll be sure to take extra pictures of him.
2 weeks from Wednesday is our trip to Hilton Head Island. So excited for some R&R!
At the Green Hills mall, there is a BIG sign. It reads, "NORDSTROM - COMING SOON!! FALL 2011". I started to get a little giddy, and then realized that 2011 is 2 years away. In fact, Eric's contract is up in November of 2011. There goes my excitement.
Speaking of shopping...
I learned this little trick. I think it was Gina who turned me onto this. It's called the "one finger touch". Because the little darling has to touch everything when we shop, I turned to this rule. She loves it because it gives her a little bit of freedom - but not too much.
Today, I had a little swagger in my step after the lady at Ann Taylor asked if I would give a class to other moms regarding the "One finger touch" This was after she saw Macie delicately touch a hanging shirt and say, "Look Mommy, one finger touch!" Two stores down, that swagger was gone (and I'm pretty sure the JCrew lady wasn't very impressed with my rule) when that very same "one finger" pushed a stack of neatly folded t-shirts to the floor.
Today, my Aunt Ida and her husband Keith came through Nashville and we had biscuits and grits at the renown Loveless Cafe. There is something about having family around... whether a mom, or a sibling, or an aunt or a cousin. It feels nice. It's comfortable. It was wonderful having them in town. Macie is still asking "Where's Aunt Ida"

And one more (random) thing.
Macie said randomly in the car today, "Mommy! The doctor said I broke my arm!" How very random of her.
4 comments:
My feelings exactly. So nice to be with family. We are too far apart, but so close at the same time.
Thank you for a fun time with Macie, please come see us sometime, anytime. Love Aunt Fider
So trying the one finger touch... we have been going through I must touch everything and it is driving me nuts!!!!
We went to the Wiggles a couple weeks ago with our 2 nieces and kids. All the kids have pretty much outgrown the wiggles but the tickets were free so we thought what the heck. They weren't that excited to go but once "fruit salad" started we were all on our feet singing and doing the actions. Even Grant very self conscious was up singing doing the actions. It was funny to watch them. I really enjoyed it. I made Chris go to. He went kicking and screaming but actually enjoyed it too.
I'll be patient and "just wait" :), and I wont get my hopes up, especially this early, but hope 2011 brings you back to Colorado !
Post a Comment