So... Sunday paper comes, and clip clip clip. I'm on my way.
Oh, I file them neatly in my new little coupon catalogue, and a peruse the grocery store add to check the deals. I suppose it was kind of fun. Meanwhile, "Mini Me" is observing and watching and picks up the paper and starts flipping through as if she even has any idea. She likes coupon clipping too! Then, I do a little grocery store research to realize that Kroger not only takes competitor coupons, but they also double up to $0.50. OMG!
I write my list and seriously, all week, I've been SO EXCITED about my trip to the grocery store! THEN today I find out... (wait for it)... Kroger is doing TRIPLE COUPONS!!!(double OMG!!!)! Right in front of my very own eyes I see myself being the mom that I never EVER thought I'd be. Jumping up and down about coupons?! What? My teenage self was totally rolling her eyes.
But, let's continue.
So, even though totally exhausted from my week at work, and it is getting to be almost 7 o'clock, Macie and I HAVE to go to the store. I promise Macie a cookie for being a good girl, and she devours it in like three seconds. (What now? What will I bribe her with? It ended up being a popsicle at home). I have my stack of coupons, and about 12 minutes into my entrance, my excitement was beginning to cease. They didn't have the "Tribe Hummus" Nor did they have the Scope on the other side of the store. Oh, but wait, I have a coupon for Cascadian Farms frozen blueberries... back to the other side of the store. Macie... getting restless. "Popsicle, honey, if you're a good girl..." as I am tearing through my stack to see what's next.
FINALLY we're in the checkout. It's time to reap my rewards. I'm glued to the register as he scans my coupons...
We saved $50! Spent $30. Wow!
Really wish this story had a point, but I've just had a glass of wine, and I have nothing else to do, so I write and ramble because it's the only thing separating me from folding laundry at the moment.
Here are my takeaways
Worth it? Not sure. Mmmmm... Probably not actually.
Do I love a bargain? TOTALLY!
Will I do it again? Most likely.
Will I love it, and wait on pins and needles. Nope definitely not.
Will grocery shopping go back to being a chore? Yep.
Oh, here's a picture of my purchase. I forgot to mention that about 80% of this stuff are things I wouldn't have normally bought, but what the heck. I saved $50. Oh, and that Knorrs pasta thingy - free after triple coupons.
Worth it? Not sure. Mmmmm... Probably not actually.
Do I love a bargain? TOTALLY!
Will I do it again? Most likely.
Will I love it, and wait on pins and needles. Nope definitely not.
Will grocery shopping go back to being a chore? Yep.
Oh, here's a picture of my purchase. I forgot to mention that about 80% of this stuff are things I wouldn't have normally bought, but what the heck. I saved $50. Oh, and that Knorrs pasta thingy - free after triple coupons.
5 comments:
You are TOTALLY cracking me up, girl! This is your funniest post ever!
AMAZING results too!
Now, educate me on this: Since when are there coupons for fruits and vegetables? I hardly ever use coupons because they are usually for things I don't buy. But PRODUCE! That's the biggest part of my list.
You are hilarious. I just clipped two Costco coupons. We shop there mainly. I could spend the same amount at a regular store but the bulk products last 3 times as long. And they are products that I LOVE. Oh and we signed up as Executive members, I may go even more frequently because I can not wait for my 1% cash back prize!!!!
Good Job on your savings!!
Colleen, sometimes there are store coupons for fruits and veggies. So far, I've only found a bag of lettuce. The produce you may have seen on my countertop came from my (ah hem) garden :)
Katie, I love Costco too! Problem is, I don't have a lot of discipline at Costco... everything looks new and exciting there... they get me. But that 1% cash back... that would be nice!
Jenny Mergel just turned me on to the coupon thing too. Do you have a kmart close by? Once a month, for a week, they have double coupons up to $2.00. If you have a $2.00 coupon they will double it to $4.00. I feel like an old lady but I got so excited to save $22 on my last shopping trip. I'll never pay full price for my deoderant again!
KMart huh? I don't know if we have those here...
Tell Jenny Mergel hello for me!
Post a Comment