Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Played hookie

Laura, my co-worker extraordinaire (and a trusted confidant) reminded me of the words of the great Ferris Bueller..."Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it".
So, I decided I needed to take a personal "Wellness Holiday"

Just like I would do with my dad in Colorado when I was younger, we piled in the car seeking out nature's beauty.

We found some gorgeous fall foliage and a little wild life.

I sipped on a Pumpkin Spice Latte on the way, Macie donned her Pumpkin shirt.

Eric led the way.

We drove, and it was quickly apparent, we were on the right track.

We found beauty.

And fresh air

We all returned to our routine on Tuesday, feeling *Well*.

7 comments:

Kat said...

So gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking photos of the wonders of nature. Well worth taking time off from work to see. These are the memories you will go back to, and that Macie will also remember. You are so lucky to be surrounded by such beauty.

Amy said...

Wow! How beautiful!

Katie said...

Great photos! I love wellness days!!!! I need to take one but not tomorrow...

carrie said...

Wow, I'm really impressed with where you live. What a cool place to explore. I love the photo of Macie getting ready to give you a smooch.

Katherine said...

Thanks guys!
Ya'll know we have an open-door, always open-invitation policy at our house if you ever want to experience Tennessee!
(I'll even make you grits!)

Jackie said...

We LOVE Ferris Bueller :)

I always make Starbucks a part of my wellness days as well.

hmmm Travis may be tempted by your Grits offer :)