Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Let's Hear it for New York!

Maybe I dropped a couple hints. But beyond that, Eric made this trip happen. He scheduled, he coordinated, he reserved, he saved, and he paid. And he surprised me on my birthday with a book that ended up being our lifeline in New York City!
It was action packed from start to finish. Macie was such a good sport (mostly) as we painted that city for 5 days straight.
Hands down, best birthday ever! It's a lot of fun seeing about every bathroom at every sight. I'm wondering if that was just a game to Macie, but she had to potty at every stop. From China Town, to Coney Island, to Bloomingdales... from fancy to ghetto... she saw every potty there was to see. We bribed her with lollipops all week long.

New York from my videos on Vimeo.

7 comments:

gina marie said...

AMAZING! WOW...that looks like the best trip EVER! Macie, bless her sweet little heart, you could see in some of those photos how tired she was. What a trooper!!! Now, I want to go!

Katherine said...

I know! One day we came back to the hotel to let her nap, and she was wide awake the whole time! So, then we just took her everywhere, didn't stress about naptime, and she learned to manage (as you can see).
She was such a trooper though. Love her!

Jackie said...

I hope someday to get to visit New York
(my birthplace :)and when I do I'm calling you for help planning the trip...Looked like such an awesome time. Good job Macie, going with the flow.

Katherine said...

Jackie, you were born there? You should totally go!!! And when you do, I will send you my awesome book!

Kat said...

looks like the best trip ever!

Katie said...

You're husband is amazing!!! Actually, scratch that, your entire family is completely awesome!! What a wonderful trip full of memories. It looked like such a fun time. Did you get a sitter at all??

Katherine said...

Thanks Katie! I feel the same about your family!
We scored a sitter for about 4 hours while we went to the Letterman show and out for a couple quick drinks.