Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

And now we venture into 2010!
I like the way it sounds. I loved 2009. What an awesome year.

New Years Resolutions:
There are some people who knock New Years Resolutions. Saying, "why wait until the 1st of January to better yourself." "You're setting yourself up for failure" "Acceptance is the key"

I have to disagree. I love the idea of new beginnings, changes and the process of goal setting. And if it happens to fall the on the first day of the year, so be it. I will continue to accept the person I am...but, no doubt, I could use a few goals!

1) Save $$$ in 2010.
Create a budget. Stick to it. Ready? That starts today.

2) Read to Macie 20 minutes a day.

3) Learn to sew. I still have a sewing maching in our attic. Eric thinks I should sell it, even though I BEGGED for it one Christmas (5 years ago). I'm going to learn BY MARCH. That is my goal.

4) Respect the things I own. If it is is worthy of being in my house, then it's worthy of being cared for and having it's own place. (Too many things in our house do not have a home).

5) Consider the environment when purchasing. Weigh out forever in a landfill and the amount of useful time in our home.

6)Walk Marlin 4 mornings a week.

7) Do 15 minute pick-up every morning, every night.

8) Plan meals for the week on Fridays, shop on Saturdays.

9) Eliminate gossip/complaining at work. This is a big one. Easy to get sucked in... so unhealthy.

10) Make exercise a priority on lunch breaks. Schedule off-site meetings on my calendar to make it happen.

11) Read one non-fiction book a month.


I LOVE New Years Resolutions! What are yours??? Please share!

Wishing you JOY in all of 2010! Happy New Year!

4 comments:

gina marie said...

Love them! I am going to adopt some of those for my own...probably all but walking Marlin:-). Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Mine is to NEVER have another big, fat, slobby picture of myself on Gina Marie's blog!!!

carrie said...

Great resolutions. Mine is just to go with the flow. If my plans don't go the way I want, make the best of it. I have a great non-fiction for you, The River of Doubt by Candice Millard. It's about Theadore Roosevelt's trip the through the Amazon. Sound so boring but it was my favorite read in 2009 and it was written by a sorority sister of mine. You will love it.

carrie said...

You also need to read, The Happiness Project. Great book to start off the year.