Friday, February 19, 2010

Mouth Noises

Eric has a big pet peeve. Mouth noises. In fact, beyond all the hearts and roses in the air during our dating days, I remember him trying to hide his irritation with my loud crunches (okay, so I have a slight jaw problem). Our newlywed days, and he would yell down the hall to tell me that my eating cereal was keeping him from his sleep. (How did I find such a tolerant man, you might ask :))

Over time, this irritation with mouth noises has totally rubbed off on me. Sitting in a meeting with someone chewing ice makes me want to put in my 2 week notice - or act out in violence. Seriously, the most aggravating thing ever!!!
What can I say... it's a PET PEEVE!

But one might say we have found a NEW LEVEL of love. And here is the proof that this is a true, deep, no bars kind of love. That Eric and I both agree, this little girls "crunching" sounds are music to our ears. We concur that, from anyone else it might make us crazy, but from her, it is a sweet rhythm that makes us melt. Apples, Carrots, Popcorn, bring it on... we love it! CRUNCH!

4 comments:

gina marie said...

Jay hums while he eats. He doesn't even know he is doing it. Would that drive you and Eric through the roof?

gina marie said...

Remember when Mark would eat cereal and let the milk kind of hang in the corners of his mouth? Ugh...that was so gross!!!!

Jackie said...

You and Eric are not alone with this pet peeve. My brother in law made me completely paranoid about eating apples in front of others as he can't stand the loud crunch, slurp as someone bites into and chews a fresh apple. And Travis has to mute the Carl's Junior commercials that show guys eating huge burgers and the sound of their eating is way LOUD.

carrie said...

I apoligize to anyone I have offended in the past or will offend in the future but I LOVE to eat ice. Brings back great memories of sitting on my front porch on a hot summer day with my neighborhood friends while we ate ice. I eat ice ALL the time.
I know how you feel though. Chris has a deviated symptom. He says he has to chew gum with his mouth open or he can't breath. When we go on road trips he always chews gum. I get so frustrated with the sound I want to rip the gum out of his mouth and smack him and I'm not a violent person but boy does it bring out the testostrone in me.