Mid day today, I just felt a crazy warmth in my heart, and took a moment to think about the blessings in my life. Macie and her huge heart. Her need to please, the need to ask questions, the need to SING!
Days go by, we continue with our schedule and routine, and then, like a ton of bricks it hits me that I am a MOM to this little mini person with enough spirit to fill my soul. With Macie and Eric - what a blessed routine it is.
Here's a little bit about Macie these days:
Every morning she wakes up, yells for me, and wants to move into Daddy's bed. There she lays next to her sleeping Daddy and she stretches, and yawns, and then starts tormenting her sleeping Daddy until he wakes up.
Macie likes to play with my hair, and I encourage it (it feels good!)! She's learned to make a loose ponytail, and every time, I reward her with a high five and a hug.
Macie has learned to trace letters, thanks to this iphone app.

Macie talks and talks until she is out of breath. Only then does she say, "I don't want to talk anymore." She then, catches her breath, and continues talking.
She has an AMAZING memory. I asked her yesterday what she did with Daddy while I was at the dentist. She replied with a complete play-by-play including the part where she dropped the blue crayon.
She loves her nails painted.
She will eat anyone's cereal but her own.
Can laugh at herself.
She has a surprisingly lengthy Spanish vocabulary
She eats Boca burgers.
She loves hugs and more hugs. Most behavior issues can be solved with a hug and a pep talk (at least for now).
Loves hockey games, if only for the yummy cheese nachos.
7 comments:
What a sweet post! She is really growing up and so full of character! I love that you take time to write these things down...and appreciate them. You are such a wonderful mom!!!
Me too! I love this post. So sweet. I love your little family. I just wish we lived a little closer. To congratulate Eric too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V36HvqgSm9M
see this link, The Gift of an Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison
this post reminded me of it. grab some tissues!
ooh I want an I phone!!!
Well GEEZ Jackie! Make me cry why don't you! That was so sweet, so true, and total tear jerker! Thanks for sharing :)
Katie - ditto!
You are such a loving Mommy, Katherine. No wonder Macie is turning out to be such a beautiful little girl - inside and out. May God continue to bless your loving family. I love you.
Dad
I wonder what that lady sitting behind you is thinking about...
Post a Comment