Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Random acts

Wierdest thing ever...
After Macie's birthday party at the YMCA in an area where we never really go, we saw Smoothie King. Eric ran in for some smoothies while Macie and waited in the car. I sat and looked through the front window, noticing how Eric, and the man behind the counter seemed to be very engaged. After a minute, the Smoothie King guy pulled out his wallet, and gave Eric something...I guess I assumed it was a business card or something.

Eric comes back to the car, and says that the guy who was behind the counter was a former employee from last year. A guy named Harper who one day walked out in the middle of the shift, telling Eric he expected too much and his standards were too high.
Here's where more randomness comes to play. Harper had written Eric a note, and put it in his pocket. When we expected to give it to Eric, who knows... but in this coincidental run-in, remembered he had this note (dated January). Eric brought the note to the car, and we read it together.
What a note. It just goes to show that you just never know who you influence, and who's lives you impact. Eric was lucky enough to have this random run-in, to receive this letter of gratitude from a person he thought, never cared.

3 comments:

gina marie said...

Tears! How amazing is that?!?!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! Love Mom

Katie said...

I have chills right now. First, because that is simply awesome but also because I just got the Journal Journey you sent and weird... it's from Harper too!!!

Eric, you are truly an inspiration!!!