
Although we went to childcare together when we were 3, Julie and I were officially introduced in 1988. The 3rd Grade when our moms enrolled us in gymnastics together and immediately we began spending countless days at each other's houses (mostly me at hers because I loved the food in her pantry) And probably spent hundreds of hours on the phone. We would duet in piano recitals, and meet each other half way at TCBY. We were inseparable to say the least. We even went on to live together for 2 years in college. I was looking for my stash of Julie pictures when I actually found a stash of Julie letters. This letter was written in March of 1992 when Julie was a rebel at home, and always sarcastic (still a quality I love in her!) I love how she swore plenty in the letter, but never had the guts to actually write the word out. So funny!
And look where we are now? I was SO EXCITED to spend if only dinner with Julie tonight before she drove off with her family. As always, we picked right up where we left off, and no doubt we have a friendship that will last another 22 years...and more! I love you Whoo-lee!
2 comments:
loveit! that letter made me lol. love all three of you!!
I love that! So funny...that little addendum to fill in the missing letter in the word that has all the other three there. So funny! I love friendships that span a lifetime. You are so blessed!
Post a Comment