Monday, April 26, 2010

SNAPshops came to Nashville!

We were able to successfully book Mark 2 family photo sessions and a SNAPshops workshop in Nashville which was a nice little treat because it paid for his fun little weekend visit here.
I knew I was going to love having him here. Mark is always excited to see new sites, and live like the locals too. Everywhere he goes he takes pictures (and not just typical snapshots), seeks out the best local food joint, and wants to know what the people of the city do. I'm pretty sure he could find a good time in Fargo South Dakota!
I love touring this city, so I was happy to show Mark around! Our weekend was jam packed!

My favorite part was getting to be a part of SNAPshops! We had 3 other people join us, and together we learned all about our non-fancy (aka not SLR) cameras. Mark insists that you can take great photos with even the cheapest camera if you know how to use the functions and you know some easy little tricks! What a great class! It was so fun, everyone in the group agreed it's hard to stop taking pictures now that we have this new-found perspective!

I am by far the least artistic person in my family... and I felt challenged with finding "art" within the lens. I am especially excited to see the pics Mark took of his own... but here are some of the photos I took, using the new tricks I learned.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow can you teach me???? i need to be able to just take a pic of the pups...lol

gina marie said...

Nice Katherine!!!!! How fun! I don't know how to take pics with a point & shoot...I need to take his class too.