Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why? Because it's Spring! Why ask why?

I had a feeling I would love this stage.. the stage of questions followed by at least three "why"s. Okay, I'll admit sometimes, I don't want to play along for the 3rd or even 2nd why because I have to really rack my brain for answers, and at the end of the day, my brain is tired.
BUT, it really gets me thinking. Lately we've been talking about the sun, and how the sun goes night-night, and we go night night, but we can always count on the sun coming up in the morning. And in my own quiet thoughts I start to think, Wow! That really is amazing! And don't we take that for granted! Last fall, I taught Macie the song (or rather the only verse I know) "All the leaves are brown, and the sky is grey...". She still knows the tune, and has started singing, "All the leaves are turning green, and the sky is blue" Followed by a "Mommy, why are the leaves green now?" And we talk about the hints of spring, and I can't help to wonder, What if Spring didn't come this year? It's felt like a long winter... cold and grey, and I am feeling a little desperate for Spring.

I'm so glad I bought bulk in bulbs last fall at Costco. Additionally, I'm so glad I didn't procrastinate through winter to plant them! Our Daffodils have brought the encouragement I needed and wanted! Spring is HERE!



1 comment:

Colleen said...

Beautiful photos, Katherine!!! I love daffodils!!! They are always the first flowers of spring bringing a brightness of hope, color, and warmth after the winter chill. Yay for spring!!!