My naptime struggle continues, but I realize there are two tricks for the time being:
1) I have to lay down with her for a good 5 minutes... just long enough to get her *calm*.
2) I was introduced to the phrase they use at school: "Head down, eyes closed, no talking". Sounds simple enough and it works.
(I have NO idea how Ms. Sabrina manages to get all 11 3-year-olds down for a 2 hour nap every day... I need to know her tricks!)
Macie likes to have a plan. And stick with it. Every morning on the way to school, she wants to know the day's theme (Ms. Sabrina has a daily theme for each day of the week like book day, game day, show-and-tell, scooter day, water day). She wants to know if Jackson is at school (Jackson comes on Mondays and Fridays). She wants to know what kind of snack I'll have for her when I pick her up. Where we are going after school (sometimes Carrabba's, sometimes Princess Ballet, but most of the time it is HOME). What we are going to do when we get home (she gets to choose one episode - either Dora, Diego or Backyardigans)... and the rest is usually dinner, baths, books and nigh-night.
Here she is hashing out our plans for the next 24 hours as I lay with her at nap. You can tell she is really excited about church!
1 comment:
Gotta love a girl whos knows her plan . Cute.
Post a Comment