6:45, Finley is very vocal - shouting sweet nothings to get my attention. She is up, and wants out of her crib!
7 ish... breakfast time. Bananas, grapes, and yogurt.
8 am SHARP. Daddy's wake-up call. It comes by storm - an abrupt opening of the bedroom door, followed by a big jump on the bed, and lots of giggles.
8:05 am: PUDDIN'S TIME! As if Macie would let Daddy have protein pudding without sharing! Is he actually putting chocolate syrup in there? It must be Christmas!
Cereal and Looney Tunes. Every day. What's up doc?
9 am and we're off to school. There's that girl and her back pack!

Ms. Karen and kids are already at the table playing with shaving cream. Macie jumps right in and doesn't look back. Bye Bye Macie! See you in 3 hours!
3 hours... enough time for a nap for Fin, and me to check my favorite daily blog: younghouselove.com, and hop to my daily chore. Today is monday, and it is the dreaded bathrooms. Run around like a mad woman, and before long, it's back to pick up Macie.

12 pm: Pick up. I had a couple errands to run at target, so I packed a lunch and we ate at the park nearby in the shade. It's still super hot out here and the swings and slides were too hot to play on. Darn.
1pm: Naptime! Macie is slowly phasing out of naps... but I have one little trick left in my sleeve. She is still agreeing to laying down on the couch with HGTV on the tv. It works like a charm...HGTV is a sleeping drug for 4 year olds... out in no time!

I put in about 20 minutes to my big clothing re-orginization project. Trying to figure out what to sell in a consignment sale next week! I'm telling you, it's a mess and a big ol' pain in my hiney. I better make major bank at this consignment sale, if not, I will NEVER do it again.
Fold laundry. Hello perma-pile on our couch.

Change our air filter. Do you do this every 3 months? I hate to say it, but it's probably been a year since ours was last switched.

Wash the dog. He has terrible allergies and the only remedy is to keep him bathed. He just loves it. Not.

Macie and Fin are up!
Time for Circuit Blast at the YMCA. Hands down, hardest class I have ever taken, and I like it! I leave drenched in sweat. It's mostly drills and reminds me a lot of high school, but I leave feeling like I earned dessert which is perfect!
Home, and time to fix dinner. Macie fixes her buddies a picnic on our floor... Finley eventually crashes the party.
Giving thanks. Love Macie prayers.

Finley had leftover chicken broccolli casserole. Macie wouldn't eat that so she got a bean and cheese burrito, which she also did not eat, so then she got nothing. She did not have anything for dinner, and I'm torn because I'm a mom, I want her to eat, but not just any kind of junk, so the burrito stays on the table for the rest of the night. If she is truly starving, she'll succumb, but she didn't.
Finley is happy to eat whatever and she'll even share!
I fixed myself Rappini (broccoli rabe). Mmmmmmm! Sauteed in garlic, with a squeeze of lemon and some parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Oh, I love!

Baths. More giggles followed by serious back-arching and tantrum ala Finley (starting to express her opinion!). She does not like to get out of the bath.
Pajama time, story time. I'm getting better about reading to the kids every day. Sometimes I cheat though... skip pages, skip sentences. But smarty Macie is catching on...
Finley goes to bed, and Macie helps me prepare Daddy's next puddin's. She sneaks a few bites.
8:30, Macie is in bed. I head to the kitchen, fix myself my favorite tea and a big ol' ginger molassis cookie. Then it's 3 hours of good ol' trash tv. Bachelor Pad. YES!
And we call it a day. What about you? I want to know what you do from start to finish. And I like details people. If you can, throw in some tidbits about how you stay organized and keep your house clean. I need pointers! So, Jackie, Katie, Katherine, Amy, Jenn, and any other lurking blogger out there... do it! And leave me a comment to let me know so I can read up!




8 comments:
I had a couple of choice comments about keeping my house cleaned and organized:) Yup don't have many of those tips but maybe in the next week I will play along!
Your day just exhausted me so I am going to call it a night!
Oh, am I the Jenn, am I one of the lurking bloggers? This type of blog has been on my to-do list for a while, especially since we have a new routine now that Daddy is working a full time job too! I'll get right on this (assuming, I am the Jenn - and if not, wow, I'm embarassed) :)
Hi Jenn - yep, talking to you, but you're not so much a lurker since you comment :). Can't wait to see your day in the life...
stay tuned to Breck Trek next week me for my "Day in the Life"
:)
My day:
7:00 Get up. Coffe, watch GMA
9:00 Eat Brownie, watch Inside Edition 9:30: Get ready to walk dogs. Oops...not enough time.
10:00 Coffee AND brownie, watch The View.
11:00 Time to go to lunch.
Shall I continue?
I am a little blog lurker myself... ;) and this kind of post sounds fun. I think I might have to play along. Yank my arm :) Or, finally get me to comment!
Alrighty... I'm following up with all of you!
Exhausted just reading this post! Oh and you are so funny! I love your day...I just wish I were part of your daily routine:-) I miss you all!
Post a Comment