Friday, September 9, 2011

Hello Slacker!



After 4 years of being pretty darn good at maintaining this blog (if I do so say myself), I would not allow myself to believe that after baby #2, I would be any different. I figured that a second baby just meant more milestones to document, more pictures to take, and really and truly, this blog is a pleasure for me. I also believed that without a job, I would have PLENTY of time. What else would I even do? I used to spend 10 hours away from our house A DAY, yet managed to stay up-to-date.

I just don't know what's gotten into me, but I plan on getting back into the swing of things. I would hate for my blog book of 2011 to be a mere 3 pages long!

Here are the past 4 weeks in a nutshell:

- Grammie came to town! So nice to have her here. Macie loves her, and was always wanting her to play silly games. Freeze tag, hide and seek, she even asked Grammie to run through the sprinklers in the back yard. The first half of the week was awesome, and the second half, a plague swept through our house. We had various ailments and it wasn't pretty. I hope we didn't scare Grammie off for good!

- With the doctors recommendation, Finley needs to be sleeping through the night, and no more night time feedings. The only way is to STOP the habit, and let her cry it out. Now, Finley is the most demure baby I have ever met, but her cry is about 8000 decibels too loud at night. I wouldn't be surprised if our neighbors could hear her. It is just awful. So... we're working on it. Our nights are back to dreadful.
We are at the end stages of baby. Finley already tries to escape me when we see our neighbor kids. She gets all excited and starts laughing to get their attention. She wants to play so badly!

- Macie started preschool. WHOOO HOOOO!!!! She loves her teacher, Ms. Nute. She is always drawing pictures of her, and she wanted to write Ms. Nute a letter. It was sweet... "Ms. Nute, I can't wait to have fun. It would be so nice of you to give me a treat"... Macie's new preschool is pristine and organized, and I LOVE that they bring her to my car for afternoon pick-up. SO CONVENIENT. Macie has her backpack, and I just find little kiddos with backpacks to be one of the most adorable things!

- Eric is staying in overdrive. 12 weeks left of his contract! YAHOO!!! It's not like anything will change immediately once his contract is up, but just the sheer fact that he has completed it, 5 whopping years. It's going to feel AMAZING. We will be having a party at our house on December 1. And if you are reading this, you are invited. There will be wines, and cheeses, and delicious food, and it is going to be FUN.

- Oh, I am so in Mom mode. I am a full-time mom! But not the kind that gets all sassy when asked "Do you work?". This mom world is really still bizarre to me though. Like, kind of underground-ish. Our community is pretty darn tight in the mom world, and I never go anywhere without running into another mom in one of my circles. Suddenly, I've learned about some 200 parks around town that I never would have known about otherwise. Eric makes fun of me because I am busy with mom meetings now (MOMS Club, and Moms community group at church). For Moms Club, we had a police officer come talk to us about staying safe... but I told Eric we were exchanging recipes and venting about our husbands. Hahaha!

So, that's our world right now. Back to staying on top of this blog going forward. Par is 2 times per week. I can do that!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Tell me more about the blog book? How do you print your blog?? I've been wanting to have a hard copy somewhere, but don't have any ideas about how to do this.

Katie said...

ME TOO!!!! After 500 posts and 4 years, I am such a blog slacker. Let's get back to it!!! I love your blog and check it even when I haven't updated mine, in nearly a month. Today, my hiatus ends. I need to do a recap tonight. Of course this may require middle of the night updates...

Jackie said...

I agree, kids + backpacks = very cute.

I too love your blog. You inspired me, remember!

Katherine said...

Jenn, my sister makes me a book at the end of every year and I LOVE THEM. I think they are from blurb.com

gina marie said...

Do you work? They need to read your previous post. Which would explain why the blog isn't attended to. But you are doing a better job than me! You have inspired me this morning to get a post on my blog, about my boys...today!