Sunday, September 25, 2011

Shade Tree Apple Farm

We took a little fieldtrip last week with the Moms Club to the apple orchard.  It was unseasonably cold (upper 50's!) and I couldn't think of a better way to kick-off fall!

Macie is hiding.  I don't see her, do you?
Super cute orchard about 40 minutes from our house. Although I have dreams of being a farmer, I don't actually think I could handle the rural life. The owner of the farm had ghost stories to tell... oh, I don't think I could handle ghosts and rural.
We started off with a craft, coloring, song and dance (and you know Macie totally dug that!).  Cute little pig made out of the apple!
The Moms club has opened us up to a ton of new friendships.  Everyday Macie has a new best friend.  On this particular day, it was Carleigh.
See, she's practically family :)
Ummmmm. Apples.  I left with a big bag of apples and high hopes of making my first apple pie.  But why?  It's not like anyone in our house except me and Macie would eat an apple pie.  It would stare at me morning, noon, and night.  No doubt, I'd eat it for breakfast every morning.
Finley's pretty good at finding good apples!
They were juicy, and delicious and we are still eating apples at our house today!

1 comment:

gina marie said...

Another fun outing!! I think I might take our boys to the apple orchard tonight!