Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Reno- "Storm of the Century"



And we venture into 2008!!

Our year started out with a trip to Reno to see Grammy, Auntie Nicole and Pat. Thus, New Years Resolutions were put on hold, and will start on Monday for me.

We were so excited to leave the 6 degree weather here, only to find that the “Storm of the Century” would be settling in Reno/Tahoe for a couple days. That’s ok. We had fun in the snow.
I was excited to get Eric in a pair of skis. The guy has never been skiing! The first few movements were bound to be entertainment at its best. Of course overtime, he would bypass my skills just like he did in the game of tennis (oh, how that first game was so enjoyable!).

Anyway, lifts were closed due to high winds and barrels of snow (what gives?). We did make our way to Tahoe none-the-less, but no skiing. Tahoe is beautiful. The best of both worlds… water and mountains.
We got some casino action in. Eric was excited about Roulette. I was not excited about Roulette because Las Vegas Roulette wasn’t friendly. Well, turns out Reno Roulette is/was a different story. Eric was lucky.
Then we had a day totally snowed in. It was so fun. We built a snowman, watched football (Another bet Eric won), played Loaded Questions, and drank beverages. It was very nice.


Macie made a new best friend. Big Austin.

So, now we officially start our New Year. Macie is still on Reno schedule, meaning she is going to bed later, and sleeping later. My PLAN is to get up and workout in the morning (Lord knows I need a workout!). So far, I am catching up from vacation… like I said, I am starting on Monday :-).

Eric is happy and back in the restaurant. His momentum never falters, and he continues to impress me. His first week of the new year had the highest increase in sales for the entire company. Talk about starting off on the right foot!

Here he is pretending to be Frank Sinatra. And then some of my favorite photos of him. My honey is so handsome.



Macie had many milestones last week. She is a full-blown crawler now. YEAH! She also does some funny hand motions to “Rolllllll it up”, and has been content making continuous *poofing* sounds. Still no “Mama”. Everytime I say “Ma-Ma” she replies with an even more exclamatory “DADA!!!”
She made many friends on our almost 4 hour flight home. It’s amazing how a simple “Hi!” and a wave from a baby will make even the grumpiest folk turn happy. At the end of the flight, many people stopped to say goodbye. But I got to say, traveling with a baby is no easy task. I need a vacation ;-)


Thank you so much Nicole, Pat and Patsy… we had such a great time. Macie has a special friendship in each of you. We hope to see you again soon!
P.S. I have so many pictures. I'll probably end up posting even more later on... but a CD is on its way to you.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Gotta love Reno. Your new camera is real nice too! I love the picture of Eric and the ciggy. Classic. And I hate ciggys!

Macie~ Make 'em chase you!

gina marie said...

Looks like a great trip! Great pictures, Kat!!!

Colleen said...

I missed SO MUCH! I've been trying to catch up from my own trips and holiday celebrations that I haven't had time to "stalk" Macie Days like I usually do. I love love love your photos in the snow. Looks like you're having a lot of fun with that new camera. Yes, your husband is so handsome...but he's probably the one who taught Macie farting sounds. :) She is full of new tricks!

Anonymous said...

Big Austin misses his new friend.....

Thanks for a great time Katherine and Eric! Wish we could have more frequent good times! Love you Macie!

Auntie Nicole, Austin and Sydney

gina marie said...

I LOVE that family photo of the three of you in the snow...will you send it to me?

I love you guys!!!

XOX, Geenie