Words don't even describe yesterday. Here's the story from the wife's perspective. It doesn't do justice to the feelings that are behind it all.
Just as Eric began yesterday like any other day, he was pumped up for another evening at the restaurant. Being the last day of the month, he was also prepared to stay into the wee hours of the night to do inventory. Mid-day, before opening, the Regional VP of the company walked into the restaurant un-announced. If you ask Eric, he will tell you that the pit in his stomach told him what would happen next. It would be the last day of business for our restaurant.
Here is where I cannot begin to describe the feelings that have set in. This restaurant was Eric's dream and passion --holding his name above the front door-- and I merely supported that dream and passion. Immediately though, I felt his pain when I received a call around 3 to a sobbing husband. The hardest part was that Eric and his management had to keep the news confidential until the doors closed and locked at 9:30 that evening, at which time he could tell all 60+ employees that they no longer had a job.
Its one of those things that maybe we could see a mile away, but our hope, and Erics passion, wouldn't allow the thought. And when it happened, it hit like a ton of bricks. So, the doors are locked, and we move on. Don't feel sorry for us. We have been presented some wonderful opportunities... we will be moving, and soon. Its the other families that have been affected. Its the dream that has been broken. Eric had such high hopes and they ended so abruptly. It was a hard, hard day.
5 comments:
oh my gosh! I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say other than that. I know things will work out, they always do. Good luck and hope your hearts feel a little better soon.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
I will pray for those who lost their jobs yesterday. I am so sorry. I can't imagine how tough that was for Eric as he truly cared for each and every person who worked for him. Of course I will be praying for you too.
I am still hoping you move to Boise!!!!
Love, Gina
THIS IS FOR YOU MY SON,
YOU HAVE BROUGHT ME SO MUCH JOY IN YOUR LIFETIME I CAN'T BEGIN TO TELL YOU.
THE DAY YOUR NAME WENT ABOVE THAT DOOR WAS JUST PURE HEAVEN FOR ME......BUT SON WHEN WE SPOKE LAST NIGHT AND YOU TOLD ME WHAT HAD HAPPENED......I COULD NEVER BE AS PROUD OF YOU AS I WAS AT THAT MOMENT. THROUGH ALL OF YOUR PAIN AND DISAPPOINTMENT, YOUR THOUGHTS WERE WITH YOUR STAFF AND HOW IT WOULD AFFECT THEIR LIVES!!! YOU HAVE MADE AN IMPRESSION ON THEM THAT WILL LAST THEIR LIFE TIME. ERIC YOU ARE TRUELY THE BEST SON A MOM COULD ASK FOR. TAKE ALL OF YOUR DISAPPOINTMENTS AND FOCUS THEM ON THE FUTURE. YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL WIFE AND A MIRACLE CHILD AND ONLY THE BEST OF THINGS CAN COME TO ALL OF YOU.
MY HEART IS SO FULL RIGHT NOW...THANK YOU FOR BEING THE MAN I ALWAYS HOPED FOR AND MORE.
YOUR MOM
I'm so sorry Eric and Katherine :( Your mom and sister had beautiful things to say to you. I'm sorry you'll be moving, but I'm so glad you'll have this blog so I can still keep up! Good luck!
Katherine & Eric.
We are so sad to hear of this news today. Our hopes and prayers are with you.
I always say: there is a reason for everything that happens to us, and God always has a plan.
We have to take life as it comes.
I just read this today in the news:
"Opportunity knocks, but disappointment keeps its finget on the doorbell"
once this disappointment goes away, you will here those opportunities (plural) knocking on your door again.
We are absolutely not worried about you!
any chance Atlanta in the plan?
Our door is always open!
Love Aunt Fider
Post a Comment