Sunday, February 24, 2008

Some sights just fill you with joy...


This is one of them.
(photo by Miss Colleen)
So, I am reading A New Earth. Yes it is an Oprah Book, and yes, I am hopping on the bandwagon. And yes, just like my mom and sister, I tend to fall into many fads--BUT, I am liking this book even though I have only read one chapter. I have not had my "Ah Ha" moment that Oprah promises but its only been one chapter.
One thing I read rang true. The author talks about flowers, precious stones, and birds and he compared them to babies. I love what he says:
"They are fragile, delicate, not yet firmly established in materiality. An innocence, a sweetness and beauty that are not of this world still shine through them. They delight even relatively insensitive humans." --now the intent was to hear this about flowers, precious stones, and birds, but I read this with only my precious baby in mind...

4 comments:

gina marie said...

That is the truth! That sight certainly fills me with joy! I just love her cute little smile. We REALLY need to get together soon! Oh, and I am stealing this post for my blog too...I love it!Its true...whatever you do, I want to do to. But I am pretty sure New Earth was Mom's idea.

LaffyCaffi said...

Flowers don't really do that to me. To be honest, I could care less about flowers unless I'm in like a field of them or something. But Macie does!

gina marie said...

I can't help but smile whenever I see that picture of Macie. She looks so happy:-).

gina marie said...

Time for a new post Kat! More videos!!!