Date night, internet, and vegetables.
Are my favorite things!
Eric and I had a date last night. He was sad about leaving Macie with a sitter. Is it bad of me to say I was ...glad? We dined on beer and BBQ in the heart of Nashville. Sitting on the street where you can hear a fiddle and guitar strumming from every bar down the line. Its cool to me knowing that each of these tunes are being played by someone hoping to "make it" or get discovered. Dinner was followed by a concert of The Roots and Erykah Badu. Not my type of music, per say, but I enjoyed the evening and the environment. Last time I saw Erykah Badu was with my college roomates 7 years ago. It was a night of memories, wouldn't you say, ladies???
We have internet and cable FINALLY. Its amazing how much gets accomplished without either... and how much does NOT get accomplished when you have both (dishes are waiting for me :-) .
Macie is on a strict diet of crackers and grapes. Why won't the girl eat anything else? I enticed her with an egg and veggies today, and she ate both. We celebrated.
5 comments:
Glad you've got internet again! I've been waiting for some updates :)
YAY MACIE!!!! Vegies are good...eggs, good...chocolate...GOOD!!!! Ooops, sorry Kat...lean fish and meat...GOOOOOD! As for "date night?"...Very VERY GOOOOOD!!!!! I think the best thing we can do for our kids is take a break from them and spend some time with each other. As for internet and cable...yep...it's good. I'm glad you are back on line.
Love, Geenie
I am very inspired by Macie's self control. Grapes and Crackers.... so that's what she has been doing to maintain her solid physique. I'm going to try it.
Will you post some photos of Nashville, already?
yeah! i need veggies. heck, i need date night. way to be quick to find a babysitter!
oh yeah, erykah badu. she has a baby named puma with andre 2000, or was it big boi? i remember wanting to shave my head after that evening. fun times.
Post a Comment