Monday, May 5, 2008

HA BLUBLBPHHHHHEW!

Thats the sound of my big exhale. Don't get me wrong, there are still many stresses in our life, but suddenly we see this little speck of light. It is the light at the end of this tunnel.

Eric is about to embark on probably one of his biggest weeks as a proprietor. Johnny Carrabba is flying to Nashville on Thursday. Its a big hurrah sort of charity event at the Country Music Hall of Fame. Vince Gill is also a big part of this event. So far, Eric has met Vince Gill, Leanne Womack, Randy Travis, and Toby Keith's wife. I don't know why I am counting. I suppose because I have never ever randomly seen someone famous. Never. Not even at an airport.
Then comes Sunday, Mother's Day. It is historically Carrabba's busiest days, and now Eric is running a restaurant 3 times the size of any restaurant he has ever been a part of. Can he get a WHOOO WHOO? Go Baby!

Meanwhile, I am here with Macie, coordinating the move of our house. It's been a total Hay Day negotiating the sale of our house. Not fun. I am not a fan of our buyer. Not a fan at all. BUT, I do appreciate that at the end of the day-- he did buy our house. That in itself, is a blessing.

We do not have movers because our moving allowance is tiny. We rented a POD. I am actually extremely impressed with my own packing skills thus far. I have packed the entire guest room, kitchen, and basement, and all is boxed and placed in the garage for quick loading--I did all this while Macie napped or after she went to bed. As you can probably imagine, no progress is made during her awake hours... and that is fine. I think playing with Macie keeps me sane. I take my responsibility as "Mom" seriously, and with all the craziness, I truly want her to feel as safe, and as normal, and happy as possible.

Have you ever sold anything on Craigslist? Wow, it is fast! If I knew it was this easy, I would have started selling stuff a long time ago!

Eric comes next Tuesday. YEAH!!!! And that is that. New chapter, yes indeedy! I cut my hair in honor of this new chapter. I can't WAIT to be together again.

Oh, and I also tried shaving both my pets. I know. Crazy? Tootse needed it. She had matted hair, and she only let me shave half her body. Then, a co-worker friend told me about how she shaves her lab and it cuts down the shedding almost completely. So, I gave that a try too... but only got halfway. And now my neighbors wonder why both of our animals are half bald.

So... lots is happening. Tonight I am taking a break, having a beverage, and watching my fav: The Bachelor. Tomorrow, I will be back at it.
Here is my haircut, and then our sweet Macie.


3 comments:

gina marie said...

I love your haircut! It is so cute! I am totally impressed with thte both of you. You have both taken a stressful situation and handled it with such patience and grace...all while taking wonderful care of that sweet baby! I wish I was more like you...hair cut and everything!!!!

Katie said...

totally cute cut! Hooray on being at the end of the tunnel. And being a super Mom.
Did I mention, I am flying by myself to Nashville this in two days!!!

Anonymous said...

I goota say. I am one lucky man to have such beautiful ladies in my life. I love the hair cut Kat. Can't wait to see you both so soon......