Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bummer days


Wouldn't you know it, her first week in daycare came with her first ear infection.
It has been a rough week. I am trying to keep my head up because there is a lot of good in our life right now, but also some struggles that are new to me. I said hello to the lady across the street and her unfriendly tone made me feel sad and cranky for the rest of the day. Even I know it wasn't necessarily her fault, it's other things-- like maybe all the transitions that we are all facing right now. All exciting, but also creating high anxiety. Dr. Phil would tell me that.

Ok, sorry, blog is not for therapy. My bad.

Anyway, other great things, like we had our first dinner party last night. I like my job. It's beautiful here, and Macie is very sweet today despite her fever and infection. She's been lying on the couch all day, just chilling with me sitting next to her. I love that.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What's that snotty lady's problem? Fight anger with nice. Make her brownies. Even if she's still a hobag, at least it will do your heart some good.

And to make things even better, put laxatives and/or pot into the brownies. Actually, forget the "or" part of that.

gina marie said...

I agree with Mark...only the part about fighting anger with nice. You don't know what her story is. You'll win her over. She will become your best friend and you both will laugh together at this some day.

Oh, and you know they are sick when they sit still. Hope she is feeling better today. Hang in there...you will feel at home soon.

Kat said...

Oh ear infections.... we've had a couple. Hopefully you will be lucky but it always takes Julia two rounds of antibiotics to clear them.

Feel better Macie!

Katie said...

Hey, I recognize that blanky! I hope she's feeling better today. Hope to actually talk to you (without the screaming coming from my phone (really, I thought they would snap out of it!))

Anonymous said...

I hope you are all back to normal now. My kids always bounced back really quickly once we got the antibiotics. The horrible part is my kids were sick A LOT when they were little. But the good news is now that they are older and in school they are rarely ever sick.
The snotty lady doesn't know how nice and fun you are. Its her lose if she doesn't want to be friendly to you. I'm sure you can find someone cool in your neighborhood to hang out with. Have a fun labor day weekend. I'll say a little prayer for you to make a nice and fun friend quickly.