Sorry, I have been blogging from my work laptop... and also, the camera is in an unknown place right now. But, pictures will come soon.
Macie and I were stranded at home today (see gas story), and amazingly enough, it was a good day.
We built a fort, which she LOVED. Kids love forts. I wasn't sure how she would take it. My brother used to build forts everywhere he went. He literally (LITERALLY) would sit in the closet of my dad's house in Ohio for days. He had a phone in there (not plugged in), and I think he may have had a typewriter that didn't work. Macie did not love the fort to Mark's extreme, but she loved walking in, and out. And it became a little resort for her to go color (she'd come out with blue and brown marker across her face and all over her clothes).
She's been talking non-stop. I understand most of it all. Others-- probably not. But, I think this is one of the stages that I was looking forward to the most in toddlerhood. We have our family secret language. Like, "Danoon" is clearly "Balloon", and "Issaaaa" is the color Orange. She loves "COO-KEE"s and thinks everytime the pantry door opens, it's time for a "COO-KEE", and she only gets one a day, so you can imagine the number of mini tantrums we have. I knew she was tired and ready for bed tonight, when she shoved her only cookie in her mouth, and with cheeks stretched full of cookie, cried for more "MO COO-KEE!". "Macie, you haven't even finished that cookie... how could you want more? And WHY are you already crying?" Oh boy. I sigh, and laugh inside at the same time. This is an exhausting stage of life, but thoroughly entertaining. Love this girl.
Anyway, stay tuned. Pictures coming your way.
5 comments:
I can relate - I love the talking stage...it is so fun and cute. Looking forward to pics soon.
This really is the best stage! I love it. I can totally see her shoving a cookie inside her mouth so she can hurry up and get more. Luke does the same thing. They are so much fun! I miss her and am sad I live so far away.
I miss you too.
mine are always shoving food into their mouths and asking for MO!
love hearing about our parallel universes. you just need to add another...
Can't wait for some pictures to go with this blog! I can just imagine the cookie-stretched face. She's is such a cutie. Love that kid!
Post a Comment