Friday, September 5, 2008

The words I dread while riding in the car.

"All Done": Meaning, "The car ride has been nice Mom, but I'm all done now. We can move on to something a little more fun"

"Homa!": Pronounced Ho-ma "I want to be Homa"

"Gain?": "Can we play that song again?" --I dread this because there are only 2 possible scenarios for this word:
a) Can we listen to that song (on the radio) again? (Obviously, we cannot, it was the radio.)
b) Can we listen to that same 80's hit again? Specifically, "Love Warrior" with the same electric guitar (this is the only song that will take her mind off of the previously mentioned radio song). I have NEVER been fond of this particular song, but Macie loves it and it seriously makes me crazy.

I dread these words because if actions are not quickly taken, or new distractions are not thought of, screaming prevails. And let me tell you, 10 minutes turns into eternity.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain...for us it's "you are the danci wi" meaing lets listen to "Dancing Queen" by Abba for the 5th time today. When are you guys moving back to Colorado???I think Breck and Macie would have a blast together.

gina marie said...

maybe you need to teach her a new word..."spanking."

Kat said...

at least it is 80's music... We have to hear bingo and wheels on a bus over and over. Today I found out that we can't even turn to the radio after those two songs. Who knew she was actually paying attention!

Katie said...

that made me laugh! betcha you wish she still had a binky. i just had that wish for nora while driving in the car the other day. not really but..

Anonymous said...

I feel you pain too!!!!!
I bought the Mama Mia CD at Target with my kids protesting. Grant held a mini election in Target. "Who votes for Alvin and the Chipmunks. Mom you lose 2 against one." I vetoed them and got my Mama Mia CD any way. They declared they were going to hate it and won't listen to it. Guess what is the number one requested song at the Roesner household. DANCING QUEEN!!!With a close second of Money, MOney, Money.
I have serously OD'd on that CD.