Thursday, March 26, 2009

hmmmm. what to say, what to say...

Not a lot going on in this world over here. But, not a lot means peace, it means contentment, it means we're chillin'. So, not a lot, is not a bad place to be, right?

I'm getting used to this toddler thing, called "Two". It's a funny thing, ya know? One day, I am patting myself on the back because I feel that proper discipline is paying off... and she really wants to do the right thing. Counting (you know the counting method), means immediate obedience. She's all about hugs, and "helping" Mommy. It's truly awesome! And then the next day rolls around, and everything is a test. "Don't touch" is followed by a fingertip touching the forbidden object. "Don't hit the dog", and she looks me in the eye, and (you guessed it) hits the dog. "No screaming", and well, you get the point.
So, that's really how it works around here.

On another note, she's singing lyrics to songs on the radio. This morning she sang, "I'm addicted to you". She sang with emphasis, and expression. Wow! It's cute, but kind of wierds me out. Maybe it's time to change the station?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Grant was 2 or 3. I thought for sure once he got into grade school, he would be living in the principal's office. He was so CRAZY. He just turned 10 and is sooooo mild mannered. I can hardly believe he is the same kid. Don't sweat it too much because I'm sure she will turn out just as sweet as her mama.- carrie

Jackie said...

those hugs will get ya every time :)

I'd love to hear more of her singing ! and so would Breck

Anonymous said...

She kinda looks like an umpa lumpa in that picture....sorry! Love ya anyways, Auntie Nicole