Friday, April 10, 2009

Nice having friends

My wonderful friend Brooke is back!! This time, plus one... or actually, plus two!!
Brooke is my dear friend from Kansas City, who, so happened to fall in love with a man in Nashville. She moved here, got married, I moved here, he went to fight and serve our country (God Bless Him) for a YEAR, she got pregnant (by him before he left, duh), moved back to Kansas City to be with her family in which time, she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Her husband Joe is finally home from Afghanistan and clear of any exterior wounds, and so, now they are all here for a few short months before he takes his new family on his next assignment in Carbondale, IL.
*That story is almost exhausting to explain, can't even imagine living it!*

So, of course I feel extremely happy to have Brooke here for the time being. I love that at a moments notice, we can meet for dinner, coffee, shopping, or drinks. Dylan, her little baby, is a character. A charmer, that's for sure! Big blue eyes... and if he happens to see food in-sight, watch out! I think he's going to be perfect for Macie some day. Macie will randomly ask, "Where's Baby Dylan??, Where's Brooke?"
On Wednesday, we met for dinner at PF Changs. Macie held it together for most of dinner. I kind of feel bad for the couple sitting behind me. I know for a fact, that Macie threw a noodle in their direction. I noticed it later under their table :0.
By the time dinner was over, Macie was getting tired, and it was definitely beginning to show. We were on our way home when I got a text from Eric. It said, "Amy Grant and Vince Gill are here, you should come by", and SCREEECH! we turned around, back towards Carrabbas, so I could non-chalantly watch Amy and Vince enjoy a nice dinner with their family. I am a total psycho, I know. But I've been here in Nashville for almost a year and only had one celebrity sighting - it was pretty much something I had to do. If you must know, Amy looked perfect. Vince had on a hoodie and his hair looked like it could use a comb through it. But who am I to judge. Seriously I am pretty lame, I know.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You look like a natural with two in arms! That is awesome you have a great friend nearby. And too funny about the thrown noodle.