Friday, April 17, 2009

Random Acts


Today, I needed a mid-afternoon Starbucks fix. Cool Springs Blvd has horrendous traffic almost all hours of the day, I was in a hurry, and finally found my way to the drive thru at Starbucks.
I can't believe I am admitting that I was annoyed because the car in front of me seemed to be putting in another order at the pay-window.
And then I pull forward.
"It's free ma'am".
"huh?"
"The car in front of you wanted to buy your drink"

I was stunned! I didn't even know them! It was a pure random act of kindness!

The guy at the window proceeded to tell me that he sees this kind of thing all the time. One morning, he counted 17 cars in a row paid for the car behind them.
I'm in awe. Imagine those 17 people. They all paid for coffee... but as a gift. And they all received a gift, and no-doubt, every single one of those people started their day off on the *right* foot.
Anyway, I'm going to pay it forward... someway, somehow tomorrow (there was no one behind me at Starbucks today). I hope this motivates you to start something like this where you are too. So simple. So great.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Just shows how many good people are out there. We can each make a difference, so keep the kindness spreading!

gina marie said...

What a great thing to do for someone. I sure hope somebody surprises me some day by buying my coffee! (Am I missing the point?)