Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekend with Mimi aka Granny

I'd like to say that inviting my mom to come to town was a Mother's Day gift for her. But it's turned out to be a much bigger and better gift for me!
Macie and Mimi have become wonderful friends. I worked on Thursday, and I came home to a freshly bathed and already pj-d little girl. New haircut and painted nails. My house was clean - even the fridge, and dinner hot and ready!. I want to hire this lady full-time!

Not to say she's failed, but the intention of potty-training Macie in 2 days has gone by the wayside. But worth a try.
We went to Opryland. Not because it's spectacular, but it is just a "must see" in Tennessee. Saturday night I got Ashleigh across the street to babysit, and we went for pedicures, dinner, and then out on the town. I've never gone partying with my mom. She's a blast! We joined in for some country line dancing at the Wildhorse.
Today we packed a picnic and went to Arrington Vineyards. This vineyard was beautiful with rolling hills of picnic tables and growing grapes. Free wine tastings too! Macie was on her best behavior until a fly came. Then she yelled and screamed "WIPE IT OFF MY DRESS!!! WIPE IT OFF MY DRESS!" (sigh).
I loved dragging my mom to all the places I had yet to see/experience. Such a treat!

4 comments:

gina marie said...

So much fun!!! I am jealous...I wish I could have joined you girls!!! And it's "granny" not "mimi."

Amy said...

Looks and sounds like alot of fun! I'm sure Macie just loved having Granny there too!

LaffyCaffi said...

Looks like fun! Some priceless photos of mom getting crazy! When am I going to get an invite?

Jackie said...

ooh that wine looks yummy.

we'll have to swap potty training stories...pretty funny stage for sure.